You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

I'm very sorry

Julian Welz

Julian Welz
Posted
Posted

@Yoram Benariy and all others

yesterday i flow from ETSE AB to LOWW Wien Schwechat with a Rockwell Aerocommander 500 and I miscalculated my fuel!

So, extremly short before landing RWY16 in a heavy traffic situation I lost suddenly both engines and was giong down. I informed Yoram as quick as possible.

I hope very much, that I don't caused to much trouble and problems for the controller.

Please excuse - especially Yoram.

Wish you all the best and a blessed adventtime

Julian Welz

Andreas Dermitzakis 121021
Posted
Posted

Hello Julian,

I am sure that the controller understood about it.However,VATSIM is a learning environment,furthermore,you can always enroll for training on VATEUD's Pilot Training Department on http://ptd.vateud.net if you wish.

Yours,

Andreas Dermitzakis

Deputy Director,CvACC

Divisional Instructor,VATEUD

Andreas Dermitzakis

Deputy Region Director, VATSIM Europe

Abk76lz.png

Julian Welz
Posted
Posted

Hello Andreas,

thanks a lot for your words and for the possibility to get training. But the reason why I'm so "angry" about this "accident" is, that I made since my first time in Vatsim several flights without any problem (ok somtimes very little one without disturbing others ), normally I calculate my fuel with so much reserve, that there is no chance to have not enough. I try to prepar my flights accurately. And then this! I studied the manuals and training docomeents here very good, not to make such rookiemistakes

Ok this I think is somthing everybody will happen once a time

Thanks again and have a blessed advent season.

Bye and all the best

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

No worries. "Stuff" happens!

If it makes you feel any better, just last night I was working a guy who decided to divert to pick up some more fuel. So I got him from the adjoining FIR and gave him the most expeditious vector possible to his new destination. Still 40 miles from his new destination, he surprised me by saying he wasn't going to make it, and requested immediate vectors to a field that was only about 25 miles away. I scrambled real quick to vector him to the new new airport, get him the weather and an acceptable approach, vectored and cleared him for the approach. When he was safely on the ground and closed his IFR flight plan, he informed me that there was no fuel available at the field.... According to the airport directory, there was, but he kept calling for the fuel truck and got a no fuel available response. Bummer for the guys that had to drive fuel out to him, but at least he and his p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]engers were all alive! Remember, any landing you can walk away from is a good landing, and any landing where you can use the plane again is a great one!

Happy holidays!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Julian Welz
Posted
Posted

Hello Don,

I'm relieved to read that. Thanks. In one thing I'm absolutely sure now: never more to little fuel and if I've to plug some external tanks

Blessed Advent season

Julian

Yoram Benary
Posted
Posted

Hello Julian,

no worries, it happens.

You acted very professionally and I really appreciate the way you responded.

All emergency crews were alerted and the airspace was all yours

Hope to see you soon,

Happy holidays!

Yoram

Best regards,

Yoram

ACCAUT2