You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XSquawkbox 64bits Linux

Jan Brons 1152628

Jan Brons 1152628
Posted
Posted

It's nice to see that XSquawkbox 64 works on Windows and Mac but I can't find any info about a Linux version.

Could there be some communication about a Linux version?

Brett Rupert
Posted
Posted

Interested as well.

Jan Brons 1152628
Posted
Posted (edited)

Maybe I should have placed this post in the "XSquawkbox Help" board?

Edited by Guest

Oliver Drewing 978335
Posted
Posted

Also still waiting wishfully for the 64 bit linux version (and/or any news about it).

Thomas Drewing
Posted
Posted

I would like to exploit the 64-bit Linux potential on VATSIM as well.

The Linux community is desperately waiting for this release.

Boris Glawe 1271196
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I'm also impatiently waiting for the 64bit Linux version. I joined vatsim in October last year and haven't had the chance yet to join the network without the linux version!

I'm looking forward to making my first vatsim steps as soon as xsquawkbox is available.

Best regards

Boris

• 2 weeks later...
Gary Tekulsky 1134195
Posted
Posted

XSquawkBox 64-bit (Windows and Mac)

Posted on November 11, 2013 by wade

XSquawkBox 64-bit is here for Windows and Mac in the form of XSB version 1.11. Work is occurring on the Linux version, but we do not have a planned release date yet.

Source

That is all that is known about it at this time.

Eddie Doloughty 810086
Posted
Posted

Also curious about this. I moved onto 64bit Ubuntu Linux, never looking back. I've done virtually zero VATSIM flying the past 1-2 years, would love to get back onto someone's scope.

I'd be happy to be an alpha/beta tester if needed.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

Some progress has been made, but it is not quite ready. I hope to have another update in the near future.

Eddie Doloughty 810086
Posted
Posted
Some progress has been made, but it is not quite ready. I hope to have another update in the near future.

Good news Wade, thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Eddie Doloughty 810086
Posted
Posted

Hi - Any update?

• 3 weeks later...
Boris Glawe 1271196
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I heard of a workaround to start a second 32bit X-Plane session beside the 64 bit session and to login to vatsim via the 32bit session while flying in the 64bit session.

Does anybody know, whether such setup really works and how this setup looks like in detail?

I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume, that the linux support for xsquawkbox was inofficially ceased. I couldn't even find any update info on the linux development process anywhere. Maybe such a setup is an accetable workaround.

Best regards

Boris

Thomas Drewing
Posted
Posted

I am still waiting for the release of xsb 64-bit for Linux since November 2013.

Any news on this topic?

Eddie Doloughty 810086
Posted
Posted
I am still waiting for the release of xsb 64-bit for Linux since November 2013.

Any news on this topic?

Same here. Odd that the only platform not presently supported is 64bit Linux.....

Jan Brons 1152628
Posted
Posted

An admin at x-plane.org wrote that there where more than 20 developers working on XSquawkbox. I suppose that they are all Windows developers. Maybe there is only one person working on Linux and he/she has no time.

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
An admin at x-plane.org wrote that there where more than 20 developers working on XSquawkbox.

I'm sure Wade will appreciate the complement.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

• 3 weeks later...
Oliver Drewing 978335
Posted
Posted

Any news on this topic!?

Eddie Doloughty 810086
Posted
Posted

Bumpity bump. Don't know if it is appropriate to post here but while I wait, I have discovered that x-IvAp supports 64bit Linux (including voice comms but for manual channel switching).

Jan Brons 1152628
Posted
Posted
Bumpity bump. Don't know if it is appropriate to post here but while I wait, I have discovered that x-IvAp supports 64bit Linux (including voice comms but for manual channel switching).

Are you saying that voice on Linux 64bits now works with x-IvAp. The last time I looked, December 2013, voice didn't work at IVAO. I could only use the text mode.

Eddie Doloughty 810086
Posted
Posted

Are you saying that voice on Linux 64bits now works with x-IvAp. The last time I looked, December 2013, voice didn't work at IVAO. I could only use the text mode.

Hi, not exactly. xIvap does not properly interact with TeamSpeak2 in Linux, however I am able to use voice comms by running TS2 in 64bit Ubuntu, manually switching frequencies.

Getting TS2 to run in 64bit was feat onto itself, solution detailed here:

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php/82437-Installation-on-Ubuntu-12-04-64bits

• 2 months later...
Jan Brons 1152628
Posted
Posted

Hate to ask but is there any progress in a Linux version?

Is this project dead? If so please inform us Linux users.

• 4 months later...
Jan Brons 1152628
Posted
Posted

Could someone please compile a Linux 64 bit client?

We have a 32 bit so it shouldn't be that complicated to make one for 64 bit, or am I thinking to easy? It has been sooooooo long without any progress.

• 2 months later...
Eddie Doloughty 810086
Posted
Posted

So I take it this is a dead project? It's really too bad given the existence of a 32bit Linux client. I made the move to XP/Linux almost a year ago and haven't touched VATSIM since. Perhaps Swift will deliver.

PilotEdge delivered a 64bit Linux Client, great service however I lost interest quickly given the coverage area.

• 6 months later...
Thomas Drewing
Posted
Posted

The story continues:

XSQUAWKBOX 1.3BETA