You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XSquawkbox always on standby need help

Liwaa Ghraizi 1278059

Liwaa Ghraizi 1278059
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello Guys

Am totaly new to VATSIM , i have a MAC and running xplane 10 , i downloaded XSauawkbox and i can see it on the addon of xplane but its always on standby mode and i cant even do anything .

Here is a screenshot

anyhelp ... Thank you in advance

sqbox.jpg

Edited by Guest

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

You've posted in the SquawkBox forum, but if you run XPlane, aren't you running XSquawkbox? I'm not familiar with XPlane or XSB. [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming you meant XSquawkbox, we'll move this thread.

That said, I noticed your avionics power was off. Does the problem still occur with avionics on?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Liwaa Ghraizi 1278059
Posted
Posted
You've posted in the SquawkBox forum, but if you run XPlane, aren't you running XSquawkbox? I'm not familiar with XPlane or XSB. [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming you meant XSquawkbox, we'll move this thread.

That said, I noticed your avionics power was off. Does the problem still occur with avionics on?

Yes mate Xsquawkbox , if u can please move the thread , and yes the problem is the same even after all avionics power on

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

done

Fred Michaels 1137645
Posted
Posted

Hey there,

XSquawkbox is tied directly into the transponder operations on the aircraft. So, you are in standby mode because you haven't turned on the transponder in the plane. Turn on your avionics, then turn the dial for the transponder to the top position (far right column of controls, last dial on the right//controls under the flight Director toggle//in screenshot currently set to off). The grey button on the left side of that control is the IDENT button. Each of the 4 circular dials allow you to change the transponder numbers to whatever code you are provided.

Remember that within X-Plane, there are different styles of transponders so you need to be familiar with the one that is [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated with the aircraft you are using.

-Fred

Deputy Air Traffic Manager

Miami vARTCC - United States Division (I1)

Liwaa Ghraizi 1278059
Posted
Posted
Hey there,

XSquawkbox is tied directly into the transponder operations on the aircraft. So, you are in standby mode because you haven't turned on the transponder in the plane. Turn on your avionics, then turn the dial for the transponder to the top position (far right column of controls, last dial on the right//controls under the flight Director toggle//in screenshot currently set to off). The grey button on the left side of that control is the IDENT button. Each of the 4 circular dials allow you to change the transponder numbers to whatever code you are provided.

Remember that within X-Plane, there are different styles of transponders so you need to be familiar with the one that is [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated with the aircraft you are using.

Hello fred thank you for your reply , i did turn on the alt but nothing happened check the screenshot .

xsq2.jpg

Mathew Sutcliffe
Posted
Posted

The problem does not appear to be related to the squawk standby setting. The problem is that the connect menu item is disabled. Have you tried setting up the XSquawkBox preferences? Do you have any other plugins installed?

swift - Developer

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Also, you're putting the transponder into "TEST" mode on the panel. You should turn it to the setting that is one click past STDBY.

Liwaa Ghraizi 1278059
Posted
Posted

i did try with all other Modes but still same issue as you see in the new screenshot , and Mathew i cant even click on XSquawkBox preferences its like frozen nothing happen , do u think it have anything to do with NET CONNECTION option , check screenshot

xsq3.jpg

xsq4.jpg

Mathew Sutcliffe
Posted
Posted

Very strange.

That could be related I suppose. Try unchecking that box ("IP of other player") and restarting X-Plane.

What do you see if you go to Aircraft menu -> Aircraft & Situations window -> Other Aircraft tab?

swift - Developer

Liwaa Ghraizi 1278059
Posted
Posted

i check and unchecked all but the same problem ...

here is what i see if i go to Aircraft menu -> Aircraft & Situations window -> Other Aircraft tab

xsq5.jpg

• 6 months later...
Mike Burns 1234106
Posted
Posted
i did try with all other Modes but still same issue as you see in the new screenshot , and Mathew i cant even click on XSquawkBox preferences its like frozen nothing happen , do u think it have anything to do with NET CONNECTION option , check screenshot

At this risk of stating the obvious, the XSquawwkbox connect and disconnect options are grayed out. Hence this locks out connection to Vatsim.

I ran into a similar problem with the Pilotedge client. IE during testing I had set up X-plane to act as an external viewer to a "master" PC. When I did this (and forgot about it), I was unable to connect to Pilotedge. Once all of the IP addresses were removed, everything started working.

Remember that it's XSquawkbox job to manage the multi-player set up. No additional setting are needed outside of XSB set up.

I absolutely think that having some of the optional screens filled out with IP addresses is causing the problems.

If trying to set up a multi PC set up, additional planning is required. There is a SPECIFIC order that the master and slaves need to be brought up and connected.

Mathew Sutcliffe
Posted
Posted

It could also be another plugin hogging the multiplayer, but then XSquawkBox should issue a warning message to that effect.

swift - Developer