You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

how do i know if i failed my air traffic control exam

Tyler Henley 1279034

Tyler Henley 1279034
Posted
Posted

can someone tell me if i failed my exam for air traffic control and even if i did am i still allowed to come on to a server and observe a air traffic controller if i am allowed to how do i connect to a server and what software do i need

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

Your exam will be undertaken with an examiner that will tell you afterwards if you've p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed or fail.

Anyone with a vatsim ID is allowed to connect and observe, just don't observe while you are flying as you're only allowed one connection at a time.

Where do you want to control? Normally the relevant vacc/artcc will help you get started and show you how to set up the software.

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Hello, Tyler, and welcome to VATSIM.

Unfortunately, you did fail the open book Introduction to Basic ATC questionnaire with a 40%. You should have gotten an email to that effect; I see that it was sent out from our server. You cannot proceed to the next step until you p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] the questionnaire. It will be re[Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to you automatically in seven days. That will give you additional time to review the parts of the open book questionnaire that you had difficulty with. This was all explained to you during the signup process, as well as in the email you got when you were signed up for the questionnaire.

Once you successfully complete the questionnaire, you may select your ARTCC. Your ARTCC will then give you additional information on how to begin your training.

You are certainly encouraged to download a radar client and observe ATC. I would suggest you use VRC, as it is the most common client in use in the USA. This was also explained in the open book material you were supposed to have reviewed before taking the open book questionnaire.

Note that you are encouraged to use the VATUSA forums if you have additional questions on the process.

Good luck.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Miguel Frias
Posted
Posted

Tyler, I see you have a VERY recent VATSIM ID. Please make sure you take the time to learn about the ATC material that you need to know but also the rules of VATSIM. Make sure you check out the PRC, Code of Conduct and other regulation docomeentation.

All of that is available from the left side of the main www.vatsim.net website.

Welcome to VATSIM.

Miguel

Miguel Frias

Senior Instructor (I3) & Certified Pilot (P4), ZLA I-11 graduate

Portugal vACC Training Director (ACCPT2), VATEUD Operations Director (VATEUD8)

Portugal vACC, VATEUD, VATSIM

1107190.png1107190.png