You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

TWRTrainer "Exit right via Twy N"

Greg Barber

Greg Barber
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to command a landing aircraft to exit via a specific taxiway? I have a problem with a scenario where there are two high speed exits from a runway. If aircraft land from the south, they correctly vacate via the high speed Twy F. But if aircraft land from the North, they vacate via Twy F (making a sharp turn to access the reciprocal high speed taxiway).

As a separate issue I also have a scenario where I want to be able to control where the aircraft vacates. I am aware I can command the aircraft vacate left or right, but is it possible to also specify the taxiway they use? I have tried issuing taxi commands before the aircraft reports clear but it doesn't work.

Thanks

Greg Barber

VATPAC3 - Director ATC Training & Standards

Bradford Lee
Posted
Posted
Instructs an aircraft to exit to the right when clearing the landing runway. Normally, the aircraft will exit to the direction specified for the runway in the airport file. Use this command to override that default.

So you need to tweak your airport file to fix the default exit direction for each runway.

As far as determining where the aircraft exits, either spam the taxi command via the up arrow repeat, or simply use the "sln 0" debug command to make the aircraft slam on brakes on the runway at the intersection you want.

Brad Lee

spacer.png

ZJX ARTCC

Colin Schoen
Posted
Posted
Instructs an aircraft to exit to the right when clearing the landing runway. Normally, the aircraft will exit to the direction specified for the runway in the airport file. Use this command to override that default.

So you need to tweak your airport file to fix the default exit direction for each runway.

As far as determining where the aircraft exits, either spam the taxi command via the up arrow repeat, or simply use the "sln 0" debug command to make the aircraft slam on brakes on the runway at the intersection you want.

I faintly remember SLN working only in the air. I think hold might be for on the ground.

Colin Schoen

VATSIM Senior Network Supervisor

Bradford Lee
Posted
Posted

I faintly remember SLN working only in the air. I think hold might be for on the ground.

Correct, but he's talking about when the aircraft is on rollout, and twrtrainer doesn't understand that and still cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ifies the aircraft as "airborne", hence SLN. But yea, "hold" is worth a shot too to get them to stop in time.

Personally I've never used SLN, lol!

Brad Lee

spacer.png

ZJX ARTCC

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

We had this with our scenario at Melbourne, the aircraft would vacate 34 backwards onto a high speed exit for 16, to overcome this we just use the .taxi command and specify a twy to as soon as they land.

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Greg Barber
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the help. I was trying to avoid having to issue a command to the aircraft on rollout as often other things are happening at that point in the scenario and that command can be missed giving less than ideal results.

I'll give these suggestions a go.

Greg Barber

VATPAC3 - Director ATC Training & Standards