You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

NVIDIA INSPECOTR

Sasta Sudhakaran 1278918

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted

Your driver version is positively ancient and I don't think nv Inspector can manage profiles for a driver that old. Upgrade the driver.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Sasta Sudhakaran 1278918
Posted
Posted

How do I do that?

Sasta Sudhakaran 1278918
Posted
Posted

I installed the driver but I get this msg:

https://imageshack.com/i/jjoycap

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted

Which driver did you download? There appear to be separate installers for mobile and desktop products.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Once upon a time, it was recommended (potentially even enforced by modified device IDs) to get mobile drivers from the laptop OEM (i.e. if you bought a Dell laptop with an nVidia card, the generic nVidia driver updates wouldn't work and you'd have to go to Dell's website to get their latest Dell-specific driver release). This may no longer be true, but I thought I'd throw it out there in case it is.

Sasta Sudhakaran 1278918
Posted
Posted

I downloaded the Nvidia GeForce GT 330M(Notebook) Windows 7 64bit

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

IIRC, the website is capable of finding the right driver for your card. Looking at the website, I see a 300m series for laptops, v332.21, that supports GT 330M, which is here: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/71706/en-us.

Is that what you downloaded?

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Sasta Sudhakaran 1278918
Posted
Posted

I downloaded the one who said but the thing is I have a sony L series computer and on there it says that driver only supports Sony F series so what should I do?

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

In that case, you better look on Sony's esupport website. Post the exact Model # of your laptop, I can try look it up for you. Or you can try...is this where you got the first driver?

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/select-system.pl?PRODTYPE=24

Sasta Sudhakaran 1278918
Posted
Posted

Thx but where do I find the model number of my PC? It's not a laptop.

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
It's not a laptop.
Er... what? If it's not a laptop, what is it? And why does it have a video chipset made for mobile computers (i.e. laptops)?

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Good qn by Bradley there, I was under the impression it was a laptop too. If you still have the invoice when you bought it, check the model # there. Other than that, if its Sony, there is likely to be a sticker somewhere around which will tell you the details. Failing all that, see if you can run the "Detect my Model" link on the website I gave you, altho I think it might be laptop only, but, it doesn't hurt to try.

• 2 weeks later...
Sasta Sudhakaran 1278918
Posted
Posted

I found my model # but I can't seem to find the latest driver. I did download the NVIDIA driver but that seemed old cuz when I opened NVIDIA Inspector the tool thing was still not able to b clicked.

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Out of pure curiosity, what is the model#?

Sasta Sudhakaran 1278918
Posted
Posted

VPCL137FX

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted

The driver they have on Sony's site is almost four years old. I think you're out of luck unless you find an old version of nV inspector.

Cheers!

Luke

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

You can also do the trick I used to do with a Dell XPS laptop... just grab the generic nVidia drivers, find the driver .ini file, modify it so that it also applies to your video card's PCI vendor and device IDs, and install it. It may or may not work to some degree (in which case you'd simply roll back to the old version).

Sasta Sudhakaran 1278918
Posted
Posted

Could someone plz provide me a link with an old version of nv inspector I cant seem to find one.

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

I am unable to guess the version, what version are you looking for?

Sasta Sudhakaran 1278918
Posted
Posted

As long as it's some older version than the latest one I could try It out and see if it works cuz the only nv inspector I can find is the latest version

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Sasta Sudhakaran 1278918
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately no luck. Thanks so much though.

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

here's something I found online, not sure what it will give you, but try it with abundant caution.

http://www.helpjet.net/files-Nvidia-GeForce-GT-330M.html

Based on this website, you are mostly outta luck, but since you have been trying many, I thought I will give you the above link.