You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Departure list squawk issue.

Sebastien Bartosz

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I am using mode C correlation mode, and when I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign a squawk code to an aircraft in my departure list, the colour of the squawk code does not change when he starts squawking it. So no indication to me that he is squawking that code. How do I know if he is squawking his [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned code? By pressing F6 and going into his flightstrip, only the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned code is shown too, not the one he is actually squawking.

It is only when I change to Easy VATSIM mode that the colour of the squawk code changes, indicating to me that he is correctly squawking the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned code.

Is this the same for everybody or am I alone?

New York ARTCC

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Ask your self this: how does a tower controller knows that the pilot has entered the correct SQ on a non A-SMGCS/ADS-B airport in real life? When the aircraft is seen by the SSR. If he is in standby mode, there is no way you can know.

The flightstrip do show both codes, the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign and the one squawking by the plane, the second one is in (), if it is now shown, then they are the same.

Always read the wiki first http://euroscope.hu/mediawiki/index.php?title=Flight_Strip

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

Rgr,

Alright 2 things:

1) I must admit that I didn't think about the transponder being on standby, so if he turns on his transponder, the departure list will show the code not in yellow?

2) However, in the flightstrip it only shows one code. Lets say I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign code 2311. It only shows 2311, there is no code in brackets. And if I manually change the code to something else, the flightstrip follows along, no 2 codes are shown.

^Unless the flightstrip reacts the same way to the a/c being on stby?

New York ARTCC

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

Alright, so after a bit of testing, yea, as long as the pilot is in stby, euroscope doesn't know if he is squawking the correct code. As soon as he goes to mode C, the list (and the flightstrip) update.

All makes sense now,

Thanks for your help, Todor.

New York ARTCC

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

No problem, glad to help