You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Flight Profile

Joao Pereira 1256632

Joao Pereira 1256632
Posted
Posted

Hello

I'm making scenario files with ASE (Aircraft Scenario Editor) and i'm having a problem. How can i change a flight level and/or true airspeed at a specific segment of the route?

Even when i open the "Flight plan setting dialog" window, i can't see where to insert that (except maybe the route field?)

For example, for the following flight plan:

IBE123: A320 1047Z N0460F360 BANAL 43N020W/F370 43N030W 43N040W

where after the waypoint 43N020W the pilot plans on changing the flight level to F370, how can i put this in "scenario file" terms?

Thank you for your help

Note: I've read the wiki on Scenario Files already and still don't know how to do this

David Zhong
Posted
Posted

In controlled airspace, the aircraft needs clearance to climb to the higher level, so manual input would be required anyway.

David Zhong

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

In version 3.2 you will be able to define altitude for every point along the route in the scenario file.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Joao Pereira 1256632
Posted
Posted

wow, i was not hoping for that. The work i'm doing is based on the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umption that the initial flight plans could have different flight levels for each segment of the route... damn

Any idea on when the version 3.2 is coming out Gergely?

Joao Pereira 1256632
Posted
Posted
In controlled airspace, the aircraft needs clearance to climb to the higher level, so manual input would be required anyway.

i'm doing my work in oceanic airspace where i think most pilots insert higher flight levels in the initial flight plans for when they weight less.

One more doubt that i have:

So if i, as a controller and because i detect a conflict, change the FL in a certain waypoint of an aircraft's route to FL360 (with it being originally on FL370) and then at the next waypoint, after the conflict is solved, i change it back to FL370 . How can i extract that information, i.e. that the FL was changed, with the EuroscopePlugIn?

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

You can file a step climb in your route, however that does not mean you can just execute the climb with out clearance from ATC

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

David Zhong
Posted
Posted
i'm doing my work in oceanic airspace where i think most pilots insert higher flight levels in the initial flight plans for when they weight less.

Our division (VATPAC) deals with a lot of non-radar enroute, both continental and oceanic. Pilots can include altitude changes in any flight plan (regardless of length or type of flight) but they MUST conform to the cleared level, except in an emergency. Level changes should only occur with an updated clearance. For example, when you tell an aircraft to "climb to and maintain FL370", they should not automatically climb to FL390 without another clearance.

One more doubt that i have:

So if i, as a controller and because i detect a conflict, change the FL in a certain waypoint of an aircraft's route to FL360 (with it being originally on FL370) and then at the next waypoint, after the conflict is solved, i change it back to FL370 . How can i extract that information, i.e. that the FL was changed, with the EuroscopePlugIn?

You don't necessarily need to use the plug-in environment to do this. You can simply use the existing tools to compare the RFL with the CFL. Realistically, a good pilot will be watching the TCAS for the traffic to p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] and they will ask to go back to their original level. In a non-radar environment where the crossing-track standard is ~15 minutes, they will normally ask too early

David Zhong

Joao Pereira 1256632
Posted
Posted
You can file a step climb in your route

Before the start of the simulation? How?

Our division (VATPAC) deals with a lot of non-radar enroute, both continental and oceanic. Pilots can include altitude changes in any flight plan (regardless of length or type of flight) but they MUST conform to the cleared level, except in an emergency. Level changes should only occur with an updated clearance. For example, when you tell an aircraft to "climb to and maintain FL370", they should not automatically climb to FL390 without another clearance.

I'm a bit confused here. Are you telling me that the pilots don't insert higher FL in the initial FP prior to the flights beginning and instead they put a constant cruise FL and at certain waypoints they just request higher FL?

You don't necessarily need to use the plug-in environment to do this

I failed to inform you at the begining but i'm making a plug-in for Euroscope that will integrate a DSS interface that will help the controlers resolving the possible conflicts. That why i need to extract the information with the plug-in (that information is going to be p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed to some Python programs)

You can simply use the existing tools to compare the RFL with the CFL

That's exactly what i'm interested in. Can you explain me how to do that?

One more question: is there any way i can ask the aircraft whether it's inside a given FIR or not, and if it isn't when it plans to enter it?

Thank you very much for the help you're giving me guys

• 2 weeks later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted
Any idea on when the version 3.2 is coming out Gergely?

Planned to come in May. It will be connected with W14.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Joao Pereira 1256632
Posted
Posted

Ok, ty for the information Gergely.

About that other question, can you answer that for me please?

One more question: is there any way i can ask the aircraft whether it's inside a given FIR or not, and if it isn't when it plans to enter it?

Juha Holopainen
Posted
Posted

Not directly, no (unless your active sector is exactly the same as the FIR in which case the sector entry time can be checked for this). A plugin can do this by reading the FIR coordinates into a polygon and then going through the aircraft position prediction points until it finds one that is inside the polygon.