You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Should I uprade to xplane 10

Michael Lynch 903474

Michael Lynch 903474
Posted
Posted

Dear forum , Im using fsx mostly as Im finding it a litleeasier. umm can i import the aircraft made for X-plane 9 into FSX ??

I can find a FLIGHT PLANNER where you put in your departing airport and the airport you wish to arrive it ?

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Aircraft for fs9 or fsx do not work in x plane nor is there a way to import them.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Michael Lynch 903474
Posted
Posted

Thanks, i'd already tried but just wanted to make sure if a rtweaks would have been possible. But still i love the flight planner in FSX because when you go to map view tou and see where you takeoff and the destination and can lick on all the way points between.

I don't see that X-plane can do this ?I use the map view in FSX to tune my comms and nav to pr gram my whole route ?

Michael Lynch 903474
Posted
Posted

I did forget to ask the most pressing question I have, I have x-9 what would be the main advantages of upgrading to X-10 ?

Fred Michaels 1137645
Posted
Posted
I did forget to ask the most pressing question I have, I have x-9 what would be the main advantages of upgrading to X-10 ?

I'm in the same boat but I believe in general it deals with improvements of graphics and memory. X-Plane 10 is 64-bit where X-Plane 9 is not. This allows, in theory, for a smoother utilization of the software on a modern computer with more than 4GB of memory. I personally haven't updated yet, but I'm headed in that direction.

-Fred

Deputy Air Traffic Manager

Miami vARTCC - United States Division (I1)

Mike Burke 1145825
Posted
Posted

No memory cap with 64-bit (opening the door to better scenery / aircraft / etc) and HDR lighting are the two biggest things for me.

Philip Whitehead 1223066
Posted
Posted

Yes you should upgrade to X-Plane 10. The amount of detailed freeware from photoscenery to detailed airports is mind blowing. I hardly use FSX anymore.

FSX- X-Plane 10 - Intel Core i5 3570k at 4.2Ghz - MSi Z77 Mpower mobo - EVGA GTX660 Superclocked 3gb - 8gig of Samsung Green DDR3 at 1866mhz