You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC vs EuroScope

Dorian Pope 1230746

Dorian Pope 1230746
Posted
Posted

Hello fellow VATSIM Air Traffic Controllers,

I know this question has been beat to death and then some, but is VRC more realistic than EuroScope? I primarily use VRC, but I've started "using" EuroScope (logging on as an observer). The ATIS Maker in VRC is easier in my opinion to use than EuroScope's ATIS maker, but Euroscope has options like showing if an aircraft is pushing back, taxiing, departing, etc. VRC is America's primary controlling client and I don't have a problem with that, I'm just wondering if maybe, just maybe we give EuroScope a shot. And for you Euroscope controllers what do you guys like about EuroScope? Thanks for your help.

Dorian

David Zhong
Posted
Posted

VRC is a more generic controller client and probably has a better user interface (sorry Gergely, but our guys have a lot of trouble getting everything running, although our plugin is also partially at fault for increasing the complexity further). However, it has some modes that simulate the look of Eurocat-X, DSR and ARTS systems.

I would go with whatever is popular where you are controlling. This way there is more support and better interoperability with other controllers.

Just note that just because it's called "Euroscope", doesn't mean it isn't used in outside Europe. In fact, it is used widely in Canada, Australia and China. I hear it is gaining traction in New York as well.

David Zhong

Dorian Pope 1230746
Posted
Posted

Thanks David for your reply. I actually control at New York and a few controllers use EuroScope. I personally like it, and wouldn't mind using it if I had to.

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted

I use both, but prefer VRC in the US because, well, it actually looks more like the radar systems in the US than EuroScope. On APP/DEP positions in the US, I use STARS unless they're ARTS equipped real world. Once vDSR is out, I'll probably use that on US enroute positions over VRC. In Europe, I almost exclusively use EuroScope. I just prefer VRC in the US because no US system is properly emulated on EuroScope and I don't have the patience or time to create a plugin to change that.

• 4 months later...
Jake Weinberg 1281553
Posted
Posted

I personally Prefer VRC, But it is all preferance

Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted

I preferred VRC a long time, even in my home vACC when they converted to ES. It's simple and functional, and I still find that the setup and functions in ES are more complicated than need be. But support for VRC ceased, and I eventually joined the ES club, and I now see the functionality of the plug-ins and configurations available, as well as it's more similar to the real systems once configured that way. VRC is brilliant, but aging, and ES has with time more or less made it obsolete for us Europeans. I even switched to it for controlling the NAT region, with vatCans plugin for Gander.