You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

HELP NEEDED ASAP!

Sam Cummings 918473

Sam Cummings 918473
Posted
Posted

The server info is also requesting that i need a pilot CALLSIGN. HOW DO I GET 1 PLZ

THIS IS REALLY COMPLICATED! THANKS FOR THE HELP!

Lee Collier 892337
Posted
Posted

ServerInfo asks for nothing, And You Choose your callsign; i.e. BAW245 - Would Be Speedbird245, And UAL245 Would Be United245

Lee

Lee

Sam Cummings 918473
Posted
Posted

Lee, how do i choose my callsign??

do i just make one up??

THANKS

Lee Collier 892337
Posted
Posted

'spose the easiest way is to Open ServInfo, Load The vatsim Data, Click Pilots, then look at all those lovely callsigns, Click on each one and a window opens, at the top of the new window, there's the callsign info, Find one you like, Change the NUmbers and Vwalah! One shiny new callsign for you to use

Lee

Lee

Lee Collier 892337
Posted
Posted

ps, read the PRC

Lee

Sam Cummings 918473
Posted
Posted

LEE, IV SPOTTED A GOOD CALLSIGN! ITS BAW049 BUT WHAT DO U MEAN CHANGE THE NUMBERS??

THANKS

SAM

Lee Collier 892337
Posted
Posted

Right, you like BAW049.... But someone else is Using BAW049 (note that he doesnt own that callsign, when someones not using a callsign, anyone else can use it) so make it BAW050 or BAW012 for example, PS the Spoken for BAW is Speedbird

Lee

Sam Cummings 918473
Posted
Posted

BY THE WAY, ITS THE ADVANCED VOICE CLIENT THAT ASKS FOR ALL THIS INFO

KK

SAM

Sam Cummings 918473
Posted
Posted

LEE, ITS NOW SAYING THAT BAW 012 IS A CALLSIGN THAT IS NOT FOUND

WHAT DO I DO NOW

THANKS VERY MUCH

SAM

Lee Collier 892337
Posted
Posted

What's saying it's not found? there is nothing that would say that.........

Lee

Lee

Sam Cummings 918473
Posted
Posted

RITE OK, ADVANCED VOICE CLIENT IS POPPING UP EVERYTIME I CLICK A CONTROLLER THAT I WANT TO LISTEN 2 OK. ITS REQUESTING THAT I TYPE IN A PILOT CALLSIGN AND A SERVER/ROOM?

WHAT DO I DO??

THANKS VERY MUCH

SAM

Lee Collier 892337
Posted
Posted

Ok, enter the callsign you connected to the network with, if you connected with BAW012, then Enter BAW012, Ps, Again without being offensive, getting a bit bored now, Read the PRC - www.vatsim.net/prc/

Lee

Sam Cummings 918473
Posted
Posted

LEE, I DIDNT CONNECT TO ANY NETWORK.

HOW DO I??

NOT IN PRC

SAM

Lee Collier 892337
Posted
Posted

Yes it is, It is definately in the PRC - what you just said equates to "Can't be bothered reading the PRC"

Lee

Sam Cummings 918473
Posted
Posted

i just red the PRC on the advanced voice box thing and all it says is how to install it

iv already installed it

can i just make up any callsign??

Sam

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Sam,

Whatever callsign you so choose must be the exact same in both AVC and SB. No exceptions.

Aside from that there are very few restrictions on callsigns. There is a list somewhere but in short, no 9/11 callsigns or others used in hijackings or other incidents.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Sam Cummings 918473
Posted
Posted

CAN SUM 1 HELP ME HERE PLZ

I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO CONNECT TO AN VATSIM SERVER

THATS ALL

THANKS ALOT

SAM

Richard Critz
Posted
Posted

Ok, Sam, you've been helped. Several times. If you aren't willing to spend an hour or two reading and understanding the PRC docomeents that you got in your all-in-one download, your virtual aviation career is going to be very short. Instant gratification is not available here. It requires some effort on your part, some study on your part, and some more effort on your part.

You seem to want to connect and observe. If you're going to do that, you must be connected to the network as a pilot or a controller before you can listen to what is going on. The instructions for how to do it as a pilot are contained in the modules of the PRC, all of which are present as PDF files in the all-in-one download. Please go find ALL of appropriate ones and work your way through them. Clearly, you have not yet done so. When you have made a legitimate effort at it, then come back for [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance if you still need it. Please do not start another post until then.

Richard Critz

VP/Development (VATSIM26/VATGOV5)

VATSIM Board of Governors

VATSIM Network Team