You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

contact supervisor

Harold Ramsey 1278914

Harold Ramsey 1278914
Posted
Posted

I am a newbie to Vatim and I get message to contact supervisor on 126.66. How do you do that?

Thanks for your time,

Harold

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

normally the contact messages from supervisors are not to contact them on a frequency, its by private message. screenshot?

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Without a screenshot and/or reproduction of the actual message... I can think of two possibilities here:

1) It wasn't a supervisor; it was a normal controller. If you enter controlled airspace and fail to contact the appropriate controller, the controller client software have a feature commonly referred to as "contactme". It sends the pilot a private message that instructs him/her to contact the controller and includes the controller's frequency.

2) It was a supervisor, and for some reason the supervisor decided a voice chat would be preferable and PRIM'd up on an unused frequency so that your pilot client would detect it as a controller and allow you to join the "controller's" voice room when tuned to that frequency (yes, I've seen this once before, though not sure if this is normally permissible by SUP standards). He/she then sent you the aforementioned "contactme" message.

Either way, sounds like he/she picked a frequency that can't be normally tuned (not even sure if the ".com1" keyboard shortcut would work..?).

Bradford Lee
Posted
Posted

Yea a Supervisor wouldn't ask you to contact you on a specific frequency unless it was on accident. Perhaps it was a Supervisor asking you to contact ATC on a specific frequency, which is significantly different.

To Bradley, 126.660 is a perfectly valid ATC frequency, so perhaps the Supervisor was primed up on a controller's frequency (again not sure why) and accidentally sent a contact me request.

Brad Lee

spacer.png

ZJX ARTCC

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
To Bradley, 126.660 is a perfectly valid ATC frequency
No, it is not. I invite you to show me a screenshot of a flight simulator of your choice (FSX, FS9, X-Plane, Prepar3d, etc.) with an aircraft's COM radio tuned to 126.66 and not 126.65 or 126.67 (or, more appropriately, 126.675 if it shows the third (unspoken) digit) using the tuning knobs or other normal input mechanism for that radio.

Anthony Pavlak 1058071
Posted
Posted

Sounds like a prank to me. Squawk 8019

Colin Schoen
Posted
Posted

When was this?

Colin Schoen

VATSIM Senior Network Supervisor