You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Some issues

Joaquin Blanco

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted

On remote PC

When trying to enter some data in boxes when simulator not running the program hangs with message (not responding) but eventually returns to normal.

When trying to file a FP The callsign box won't let me insert any letters such as ABC123, only numbers, thus when connected it cannot find the prefiled Vatsim FP.

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
When trying to enter some data in boxes when simulator not running the program hangs with message (not responding) but eventually returns to normal.

vPilot attempts to connect to the simulator once every 10 seconds. Usually this results in about a half-second pause. It may be longer if you're trying to connect over the network.

I would recommend NOT running vPilot without having the sim running.

When trying to file a FP The callsign box won't let me insert any letters such as ABC123, only numbers, thus when connected it cannot find the prefiled Vatsim FP.

That's strange ... do you have CAPS lock on?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the prompt reply Ross and may I take the opportunity to thank you and all those involved for the easy and very intuitive client you have created.

First point, understood.

As regards the second I don't think CAPS LOCK was on, but will have to check on that. I am also using Input Director which sometimes has issues when typing on the slave PC.

Unfortunately I won't be able to check this now as I am on a VA flight but will do so later and will let you know.

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
I am also using Input Director

That might be the issue. vPilot monitors the keystrokes sent to the callsign text box and rejects them if they are not within the allowed range of values. (Letters, numbers, hyphens.) It could be that Input Director is messing with that process somehow.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted

All is well Ross, must have been that I had CAPS LOCK on inadvertently. Much obliged for your help, I'm now going to get more acquainted with model matching, just had my first error report.

Cheers.

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco

mohamed abdellatef 1271346
Posted
Posted

the software doesn't send your aircraft data to the network before you send a flight plan that's causes the planes to show as adefault model a321

please take this into consideration

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted

The error that I received being connected and with flight plan sent was a simconnect error telling me that a certain UT2 texture couldn't resolve a KLM callsign aircraft and that it was going to substitute it with another texture.

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Yes, that's a somewhat common error message. It occurs when you don't have an aircraft installed on your machine that the model matching rule set is looking for. For example, when I downloaded WOAI aircraft, I didn't download all the European ones, just some. But the model matching rule set that comes with vPilot has rules for ALL the European aircraft (as of the time the rule set was created). So if the model matching rule set says, "Hey, I see a KLM MD11, you told me to use WOAI Europe first, so I'm looking for a WOAI KLM MD11" but I didn't install the WOAI KLM MD11 on my computer, it's going to issue that error. If you're more of a computer code layperson like me, you might rather have the error message say "Hey, dude, there's a KLM MD11 near you, you told me to use the WOAI KLM MD11 first, but you didn't install a WOAI KLM MD11 on your computer, so I couldn't find it. So I'm going to your next ruleset and maybe I'll find one there."

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Ira Robinson
Posted
Posted

...moved by author

Ira Robinson