You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

importing aircraft

Greg Busby

Greg Busby
Posted
Posted

I would like to know how to import my aircraft I used from Squawk Box into Vpilot

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Have a read through the docomeentation, specifically the part about "Creating Your Own Model Matching Rule Set". You'll need to look at the existing rule set files to see the format.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Greg Busby
Posted
Posted

I will

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

You don't import anything into vPilot. You download and prioritize model matching rules. RTFM (Read The Friendly Manual) please.

vPilot Docomeentation: http://vPilot.metacraft.com/Docomeentation.aspx

FAQs: viewtopic.php?f=132&t=64672

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Greg Busby
Posted
Posted

The first link gives me a blank page. I think I'll stick with Squawk Box instead of using Vpilot

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

give it a few. server probably had to be restarted again. the dev is aware of the server issue and says he'll be checking it during the weekend

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

it's back up.

Don Desfosse

Greg Busby
Posted
Posted

I'm not good a creating xml files so I will have to have help making my own aircraft model

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Greg, let's take a step back. What AI do you use? Are any or all of them the ones that are supported in vPilot already? Have you downloaded and prioritized model matching rule sets for the AI packages you already have?

Don Desfosse

Greg Busby
Posted
Posted

I don't use any AI except for FTX GA AI

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Ah, OK. Then I think you'll either need to create one, or maybe there's someone on here reading this that's more comfortable with xml that would offer to create one and share it with the community.

Don Desfosse

Greg Busby
Posted
Posted

I hope so

Brian Pryor 810138
Posted
Posted

Whats odd is I downloaded applicable packages off the WoAI site. Installed them into FSX, turned them on in vPilot yet I get the constant stream of errors.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong. In the errors I was getting my WoAI Jetblue package off their website did not have these liveries.

[08:00:26] SimConnect Error: Failed to create aircraft JBU524 using model "WoA_FAIB_FSX_A320_IAE_JBU-Jetblue Airways Stripes Billboard". The aircraft will be created with a different model.

[08:00:36] SimConnect Error: Failed to create aircraft JBU524 using model "WoA_FAIB_FSX_A320_IAE_JBU-Jetblue Airways Simpsons". The aircraft will be created with a different model.

I've been downloading off of www.world-of-ai.com , am I missing something?

Brian Pryor - (810138)

Vice President Marketing & Communications (VATGOV10)

29.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

You'll get that error when the model matching rule set is looking for an aircraft that you don't have installed. After you downloaded them, did you install them into your FSX/P3D installation? If so, did you encounter any errors during installation? They need to be installed to work in vPilot. If so, can you verify that you downloaded and installed those specific models? Both of the Alpha testers and most of the Beta testers used the WOAI rule sets without issue, but I'm finding that this is a common error (trying to use rule sets without having the aircraft installed).

Don Desfosse

Brian Pryor 810138
Posted
Posted

Yes on the install, no errors. After cycling through it eventually found one that worked but it seems like it was calling for liveries that weren't in the pack off the site.

I finally gave up on WOAI and bought MyTrafficX and it's a solution, albeit a $50 one.

Brian Pryor - (810138)

Vice President Marketing & Communications (VATGOV10)

29.png

Phill Powell 849479
Posted
Posted

For anyone having problems with WoAI I found it easier to have a clear out and start afresh.

Then I only added rules for the traffic I wanted.

To do this expend the available rules set on vPilot so you can see individual WoAI airlines.

IE In World of AI European Airlines

WoAI-Ryanair-080605

Check it and then click download checked.

Click Yes and then OK

The rule now shows up on the left.

Now go to World of AI and download the correct package.

They are easy to find since the date it was posted is in order.

In this case scroll down to 5th June 2008 and grab the Ryanair package.

Install it and all should be OK.

Phill

Vatsim network supervisor

VATeud I1/VATeir local examiner.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Yeah, Phil hit the nail on the head, although since I think I have most of the WOAI package, I'll start removing individual components as I see they don't work.

For the most part, I ignore the errors as, in most cases, when vPilot looks to one of my lower priority rule sets, it'll find a match. I know that if I want to see fewer errors, I need to tweak my rules to remove some of the rule set packages that I don't have installed.

Part of the issue with WOAI is, I think, a little configuration control issue with what models were available on their site and when. When the rule set was created, it was based on what was up there on a certain date. That does fluctuate a bit and I'd theorize there is imperfect configuration control. So if we pull things off the .vmr file, they may be things that some hundreds of users have on their computer and work fine. Not a perfect solution for this one, I'm afraid. Not a show stopper, because since I have 6 rule sets installed (including the full-up WOAI and UT2 ones, I find that in 95% of the cases, vPilot will find something. I see very few white Airbuses (Airbii?).

Don Desfosse