You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

So what do I do w FSInn/CoPilot?

Roddan Widel 1037152

Roddan Widel 1037152
Posted
Posted

Hi

Before installing vPilot do I have to uninstall FSInn/CoPilot? or can I keep them in case I decide to stick with FSInn after trying vPilot?

What is the main advantage in using vPilot?

Thanx!

Chad Vienna 1195499
Posted
Posted
Hi

Before installing vPilot do I have to uninstall FSInn/CoPilot? or can I keep them in case I decide to stick with FSInn after trying vPilot?

I would keep it (though disable it) for now.

... I got nuthin.. Anyone else?

Chad Vienna - KCRQ

ZLA Pilot Cert I-09

d_8855.jpg

"The important thing in aeroplanes is that they shall be speedy." — Baron Manfred Von Richthofen

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

Low barrier to entry for new players. As they gain experience and want to go play with the more complicated ways to connect they can, but out of the box vPilot was designed to get a new pilot online in less than 15 min.

Kyle Ramsey

Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted

I've used all three clients, and vPilot's is what I'm gonna stick with. The new model matching system is excelent, and the other functions, options and the GUI, are all exactly what I look for in a client. I used FSInn for a time, but even though it's more customizable than the other two, after some usage I thought it to be more of a h[Mod - Happy Thoughts]le than a bonus. Once you got your traffic models set(s) figured (which won't take you a minute if you're using one of the pre-configured matching sets), it's the perfect combo of simplicity and efficiency for my usage.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

ill also note many, if not all, of the FSCopilot extras can still be used with vPilot (if you were using any of the fscopilot tools, these are the ones in your fscopilot menu, not FSINN)

FSCopilot is its own stand alone program, it can be used with any of the pilot clients or even offline.

Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted

Indeed, I'm still using the timesync function, as well as the push-back now and then.

Diego Vasquez
Posted
Posted

I am also thinking about uninstalling FSInn but leaving FSCopilot.

But what about stuff like a radar window and Vatsim weather sync? I know the last was broken in FSInn anyway....

Scott Bickford
Posted
Posted
ill also note many, if not all, of the FSCopilot extras can still be used with vPilot (if you were using any of the fscopilot tools, these are the ones in your fscopilot menu, not FSINN)

FSCopilot is its own stand alone program, it can be used with any of the pilot clients or even offline.

I noticed I believe it's FWINN with all the red/green mini icons seems to still load. I unloaded it and I think all voice all comms stopped (or was chatter just slow?). Anyone else confirm that?

Scott Bickford

810789.png

810789.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted
I am also thinking about uninstalling FSInn but leaving FSCopilot.

But what about stuff like a radar window and Vatsim weather sync? I know the last was broken in FSInn anyway....

vPilot does not support radar or weather. Anyone who can't do without their radar might choose to stay with FSInn. It will be interesting to see if the new client under development will have a radar module.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Diego Vasquez
Posted
Posted

vPilot does not support radar or weather. Anyone who can't do without their radar might choose to stay with FSInn. It will be interesting to see if the new client under development will have a radar module.

Thanks, I am aware, sorry, what I really meant is, are there any tools that could complement vPilot for functionality like vatsim real time weather, radar for online traffic, etc?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

There are several good weather engines out there, some payware (e.g. ActiveSky) and at least one freeware that I can think of (FSRealWX Lite). Not sure about radar.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

Scott, thatd be FSFDT, the voice part of FSINN. you definitely want this shutdown as it will block the voice on vpilot since they both use the same port.

if its set to autostart, simply open it then go to config > options, then disable the autostart. that will stop it from starting on its own.

as far as radar/tcas. there are lots of tcas gauges out there that will pick up on the online traffic, both freeware and payware gauges. try flightsim.com and simviation.com , those would be two good places you should find them at

Eric Fisher
Posted
Posted

I deleted everything to do with FSINN. vPilot all the way for me.

Eric

William Sambrook
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Whats the main advantage with vPilot someone asked. It works. I have always been a SB fan why? It worked. Why move? SB4 would only work for a couple of hours on my machine using FSX which is a waste of time. FSInn works but it is unwieldy for me. To get it to work I have to boot up FSX and open with a Cessna, open FSInn then change to my favourite LD767. If I use the 767 straight off FSX more than likely crashes. vPilot works for me so I am staying put. Many thanks to Ross, it is quite brilliant for me.

Sam Sambrook

(A happy chap for a change)