You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot Error when trying to use COM1 & COM2

Joseph Mancuso 1070944

Joseph Mancuso 1070944
Posted
Posted

The new vPilot program is great, however I have run into an issue when trying to use both COM1 (MIC & Speaker) & COM2 (Speaker only) simultaneously.

While listening to Vatsim ATC on COM1, I am tuning COM2 to pickup my destination Vatsim ATIS. I will hear the ATIS for a second or two and then vPilot disconnects COM2. About a second later, it reconnects, plays the ATIS for another second or two and then disconnects again. This cycle repeats over and over again.

This renders COM2 useless. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

-Joe

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Hmm... I've done that frequently and never found that kind of issue. Can you replicate it across multiple flights? Can some others in the community try it and let us know if it works properly or not?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Joseph Mancuso 1070944
Posted
Posted

Don - thanks for the reply. I think I have it narrowed down to an issue with RealityXP GMA 340 Audio panel. Are you using their audio panel by chance?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Ah, OK. No, I'm afraid not.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Don - thanks for the reply. I think I have it narrowed down to an issue with RealityXP GMA 340 Audio panel. Are you using their audio panel by chance?

Can you elaborate on that? What leads you to think it's a problem with that panel?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Joseph Mancuso 1070944
Posted
Posted

Ross - first, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to create vPilot. It's a great program and much appreciated by the FS community.

I have spent several days trying to troubleshoot this issue. When I launch a default aircraft in FSX, vPilot works fine. Following that test, I load my default aircraft (Real Air Duke B60 Piston + RealityXP GNS 530/GMA340/GTX327). I can not use COM2 + vPilot once the GMA340 loads.

Then I manually went in to edit the Panel.cfg file to remove references to the GMA340 audio panel. Once I remove those references (basically disabling the RealityXP audio panel), COM2 + vPilot works as designed.

If you want me to conduct any further tests, I would be more than willing. I really would like to get to the bottom of this, and would like to use the GMA340 if at all possible.

I also would like to report some screen refresh issues with vPilot. When I move the window that vPilot is running in, the screen doesn't refresh properly, and is impossible to read.

Thanks,

-Joe

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Joseph, any chance you could do a screen share over Skype?

Joseph Mancuso 1070944
Posted
Posted

Ross, I will make the time to show you whatever you need.

Would you like to call me or can I contact you?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

For the record, this turned out be caused by having two different audio control panel gauges that were fighting with each other.