You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vpilot traffic issue (IVAO MTL)...

Arthur Binet 1221232

Arthur Binet 1221232
Posted
Posted

Hello, I just installed vpilot and I think it's great! A lot better than FSINN or squawkbox IMO. Only problem is, it doesn't display traffic properly even though I installed the IVAO MTL (entire library). It sometimes diplays a C172, or a 737, but 95% of the time it's the A321 (all aircraft in white livery). How do I fix this? And I have the IVAO downloaded rule set, however, when i installed it only 1 item was installed, I thought there would be more. Thanks!

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Hi Arthur,

Yes, there is only supposed to be one file. I hate to ask this question, because you did say that you installed the library, but I need to because so many folks have said they installed it and then come to find out they only downloaded it but did not actually install it. Please confirm that you used the IVAO MTL Installer program to install the library, and that it changed your fsx.cfg file. The fsx.cfg file can be found by navigating to %appdata%\Microsoft\FSX and it should contain a line that says SimObjectPaths.x=SimObjects\IVAO_MTL where x is a number. The numbers must be contiguous, with no breaks in between numbers.

Another common issue is people using incorrect type codes. The next time you see what looks to be an incorrect type shown, open the debug window by typing .debug into the command line, select Aircraft, find the callsign you think is being shown incorrectly and look for their type code. If the other pilot logged onto VATSIM using an incorrect type code (e.g., ZZZZ, etc.), it is their screwup, not vPilot's.... That said, the new vPilot build released this early this morning (Z) added a lot of the "common mistake" aircraft types to the file to help reduce the amount of errors due to other pilots' screwups....

For example, the old SimilarAircraftTypes file carried the following for the Boeing 737 variants:

B731 B732 B733 B734 B735 B736 B737 B738 B739 E737

But now, to accommodate the pilots out there that are too lazy to put the simple B in their aircraft type to make it correct , the file now carries:

B731 B732 B733 B734 B735 B736 B737 B738 B739 E737 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Arthur Binet 1221232
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your reply. Yes it did change the CFG file and it is listed correctly. I just installed the update but am still having the problem. I copied the debug list from londonn heathrow. It seems to find the aircraft fine, but its the moment when it installs them into the sim.

[15:09:50.752] vPilot version 1.0.5240.39407

[15:09:51.175] Aircraft discovered: TOM1EW - requesting CAPS, sending CAPS, requesting aircraft info

[15:09:51.320] Model match result - Callsign: TOM1EW - TypeCode: B738 - ModelName: B735TOM - Rule Set: C:\Users\artie_000\Docomeents\vPilot Files\Model Matching Rule Sets\IVAO.vmr - Priority: 1 - P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]: 2

[15:09:52.996] Aircraft discovered: KLM5606 - requesting CAPS, sending CAPS, requesting aircraft info

[15:09:53.599] Model match result - Callsign: KLM5606 - TypeCode: B738 - ModelName: B733KLM - Rule Set: C:\Users\artie_000\Docomeents\vPilot Files\Model Matching Rule Sets\IVAO.vmr - Priority: 1 - P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]: 2

[15:09:53.631] Aircraft discovered: DAL4522 - requesting CAPS, sending CAPS, requesting aircraft info

[15:09:54.292] Model match failure - Callsign: DAL4522 - TypeCode: B77L

[15:09:56.155] Aircraft added to sim: TOM1EW

[15:09:56.162] SimConnect error: Failed to create aircraft TOM1EW using model "B735TOM". The aircraft will be created with a different model.

[15:09:56.165] Aircraft deleted - Callsign: TOM1EW - Reason: MissingModel

[15:09:57.996] Aircraft added to sim: KLM5606

[15:09:57.998] SimConnect error: Failed to create aircraft KLM5606 using model "B733KLM". The aircraft will be created with a different model.

[15:09:58.000] Aircraft deleted - Callsign: KLM5606 - Reason: MissingModel

[15:09:58.668] Aircraft added to sim: DAL4522

[15:10:01.165] Aircraft discovered: TOM1EW - requesting CAPS, sending CAPS, requesting aircraft info

[15:10:01.371] Model match failure - Callsign: TOM1EW - TypeCode: B738

[15:10:02.995] Aircraft discovered: KLM5606 - requesting CAPS, sending CAPS, requesting aircraft info

[15:10:03.473] Model match result - Callsign: KLM5606 - TypeCode: B738 - ModelName: B739KLMWL2 - Rule Set: C:\Users\artie_000\Docomeents\vPilot Files\Model Matching Rule Sets\IVAO.vmr - Priority: 1 - P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]: 2

[15:10:06.154] Aircraft added to sim: TOM1EW

[15:10:07.999] Aircraft added to sim: KLM5606

[15:10:08.008] SimConnect error: Failed to create aircraft KLM5606 using model "B739KLMWL2". The aircraft will be created with a different model.

[15:10:08.010] Aircraft deleted - Callsign: KLM5606 - Reason: MissingModel

[15:10:13.004] Aircraft discovered: KLM5606 - requesting CAPS, sending CAPS, requesting aircraft info

[15:10:13.201] Model match result - Callsign: KLM5606 - TypeCode: B738 - ModelName: B739KLMWL - Rule Set: C:\Users\artie_000\Docomeents\vPilot Files\Model Matching Rule Sets\IVAO.vmr - Priority: 1 - P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]: 2

[15:10:14.976] Aircraft deleted - Callsign: BAW50MJ - Reason: Server

[15:10:17.994] Aircraft added to sim: KLM5606

[15:10:17.998] SimConnect error: Failed to create aircraft KLM5606 using model "B739KLMWL". The aircraft will be created with a different model.

[15:10:18.002] Aircraft deleted - Callsign: KLM5606 - Reason: MissingModel

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Errors like this:

"Failed to create aircraft KLM5606 using model "B739KLMWL".

mean that the model is not installed correctly in FSX. vPilot is telling FSX to create an aircraft using the B739KLMWL model, and FSX is reporting that it cannot find that model. So something is messed up with your installation of the IVAO MTL model set in FSX.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Arthur Binet 1221232
Posted
Posted

Thats interesting, and I remember when i installed IVAO MTL it didn't install in my FSX folder but next to it with the folder name "IVAOMTLsimobjects". So I took that folder and put it in my simobjects folder of FSX. Is there a CFG file that I need to open and change to say where my aircraft are installed?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The IVAO installer should have modified your FSX.cfg file for you. You can take a look at it and see. It is here:

%appdata%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.cfg

Look for lines that start with SimObjectPaths.X=

Where X is a sequential number. These lines tell FSX where to find all the model sets.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Yep, take a look at the second post in this thread....

Funny, because I always thought the IVAO installer modified the fsx.cfg file for you.

Here's an example of what it would look like:

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\IVAO_MTL

Depending on what you have installed the SimObjectPaths.6 may be a .7 or .8, etc.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Arthur Binet 1221232
Posted
Posted

Yep here it is:

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\IVAO_MTL

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter

Also, Vpilot installed on my C drive and FSX is on my D drive, not sure if that plays a role.

P.S: Is there a way to change the install location of vpilot? I didn't get the option to

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
Also, Vpilot installed on my C drive and FSX is on my D drive, not sure if that plays a role.
It wouldn't as far as model loading goes. Again, vPilot just communicates to FSX (via SimConnect) that it needs to load model XYZ for a given aircraft; it's completely up to FSX to find and load that model independently of vPilot.

I don't have the IVAO model pack... but have you tried manually locating one or two of the models it claims couldn't be loaded? Is there perhaps an update to the model pack that you're out of date on?

P.S: Is there a way to change the install location of vpilot? I didn't get the option to
There is a way... but it's more like tricking the program into thinking you never changed it. (Specifically, I'm talking about moving the folder but then creating a directory symbolic link in the original location.) Based on the small application size, there's probably little to no "good" reasons to do this.

Arthur Binet 1221232
Posted
Posted
I don't have the IVAO model pack... but have you tried manually locating one or two of the models it claims couldn't be loaded? Is there perhaps an update to the model pack that you're out of date on?

I have, and I was able to locate the models. It's strange...

Eric Fisher
Posted
Posted

I don't think this IVAO model package is all its cracked up to be. So far not impressed. I had two SWA aircraft and the livery for them was silver fuselage and the old brown SWA tail. Got a couple model error as well. Not ready to dump it yet but my UT2 folder is on standby.

Eric

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

I had an issue when I first installed the IVAO model set where after IVAP was installed, I would start the MTL Library installer. This caused the model set library to be installed in the incorrect location, which gave me the same error messages.

I posted my issue in the IVAO forums and they recommend the following:

1. Install IVAP, but not the MTL Library.

2. Go to your start menu and you should see a MTL Library Installer which is a stand-alone installer for the MTL Library.

3. Launch the MTL Library Installer and download the library.

Voilà, all files in the proper location.

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

VATSIM: P1|C3

Eric Fisher
Posted
Posted
I had an issue when I first installed the IVAO model set where after IVAP was installed, I would start the MTL Library installer. This caused the model set library to be installed in the incorrect location, which gave me the same error messages.

I posted my issue in the IVAO forums and they recommend the following:

1. Install IVAP, but not the MTL Library.

2. Go to your start menu and you should see a MTL Library Installer which is a stand-alone installer for the MTL Library.

3. Launch the MTL Library Installer and download the library.

Voilà, all files in the proper location.

I have the MTL folder in the Simobjects folder within FSX so I am pretty sure that is were it is supposed to me no?

Eric

Lance Williams
Posted
Posted
I don't think this IVAO model package is all its cracked up to be. So far not impressed. I had two SWA aircraft and the livery for them was silver fuselage and the old brown SWA tail. Got a couple model error as well. Not ready to dump it yet but my UT2 folder is on standby.

Hmmm... the silver one is one of SWA's custom liveres and if I'm not mistaking they still flysome in old colors. Anyway I've never seen a better AI package than IVAO. You'll soon see an old school retro AA scheme as well

Thank you,

Lance W.

ndbair_logo_150.png

Hundreds of Real-World Airlines and Routes for you to fly at www.ndbair.com

5000seconds.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Daniel Blell 965561
Posted
Posted

I'm having the same issue. Here's a pic of it. No error message, no problem with the shape, just all a/c are white.

Capture_1.jpg

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Looks to me like the model is loading fine, it just isn't getting textured at all. Maybe try reinstalling the IVAO set?

Daniel Blell 965561
Posted
Posted

just reloaded the set in vPilot. no luck. is there a way to remove and reinstall IVAO MTL? or is that worth trying?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I was talking about reinstalling the model set, not the rule set within vPilot.

Does IVAP come with an uninstaller?

Daniel Blell 965561
Posted
Posted

I uninstalled ivap, but it didn't take the MTL. When I reinstalled it, the MTL was already full. Hmmm...

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

You could try manually deleting the IVAO_MTL folder from your SimObjects folder.

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

Do you have DX10 Preview enabled by chance. Try disabling it.

I don't think the MTL Library supports DX10.

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

Eric Fisher
Posted
Posted

It does support DX10. Works for me at least in DX10 with the Fixer program from Steve.

Eric

Daniel Blell 965561
Posted
Posted
Do you have DX10 Preview enabled by chance. Try disabling it.

I don't think the MTL Library supports DX10.

Fixed!!!! Thanks!!!

Chris Boyd 862787
Posted
Posted

Hi you guys,

I am using P3D version 2.2. I installed the IVAO model set to the root P3D directory and added the IVAO (P3D) rule set in vpilot, but I am still getting issues when i connect to the network saying simconnect does not recognize the models. I think there was an American 738 so I was surprised it could not recognize that model. Does anyone have any ideas for why I might be having issues in P3D?-Chris

coastalbanner.jpg

Chris Boyd

Vice President

Coastal Horizons Airways

http://www.coastal-horizons.com

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

The MTL Library by default should go into the SimObjects folder, unless you have modified your P3D.cfg to point is elsewhere.

Regards,

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png