You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Plug-in identifying aircraft with "start" value ($ROUTE)

Joao Pereira 1256632

Joao Pereira 1256632
Posted
Posted

If i have some airplane in the scenario file that has some start value in the $ROUTE field ("The start value here is a wait time in minutes after that the aircraft will be added to the simulation." ), is there any way of my plug-in identifying that aircraft in the initial loop of the airplanes?

I ask this because for my purposes i need to have information of all the aircrafts that are going to take part in the simulation at all times.

Thank you in advance

David Zhong
Posted
Posted

Perhaps you could spawn them at the start time (t = 0) but at a distance from the sector boundary so, for example, the aircraft enters the sector 10 minutes after the simulation begins.

David Zhong

Joao Pereira 1256632
Posted
Posted

Yeah that's a acceptable workaround...

Problem is, I made a traffic generator file so I will need to put much more points in the airplanes flight plans, which is really painful to do

So the answer to my question Zhong, there's no way of the plug-in identyfing the airplanes if i put some delay right?

David Zhong
Posted
Posted

Your plugin doesn't get any information about the simulator. It only gets the same information as you would when connected to VATSIM. If an aircraft hasn't spawned yet, it is the same as having not connected yet.

David Zhong