You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[Issue] PMDG liveries and vPilot

Dennis Reinders 1289775

Dennis Reinders 1289775
Posted
Posted

Good Evening, VATSIM members.

Recently I downloaded the 'new' vPilot client, I have bought the PMDG 737-800NGX about two years ago, however it's being replaced with the 'Default' Airbus A321 in-game! How can I fix this problem?

Kind Regards,

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

You having the PMDG NGX has nothing to do with vPilot. vPilot allows you to connect to VATSIM and, depending on which AI you own, see other pilots in the simulation (not game) in the correct livery. Model matching is all about seeing others as the correct type of aircraft in the correct livery, but depends on you having installed AI and you selecting and prioritizing model matching rule sets that correspond to the AI that you've installed in your simulator.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Dennis Reinders 1289775
Posted
Posted

I've tested it with a friend of mine,

We both connected to VATSIM and spawned near each other at EGKK with the 'PMDG 737-800NGX'

However apparently the model is being replaced with a default 737-200 + livery, instead of actually showing the PMDG model.

Does this have something to do with PMDG not having a rule-set in vPilot? I would like to see the detailed PMDG model instead of some random 737.

* I'm using the IVAO rule-set with vPilot and installed the MTL package from IVAO.

Kind Regards,

• Board of Governors
Tim Barber
Posted
Posted
I would like to see the detailed PMDG model instead of some 737

Personally, I would never want my pilot client to use a hires model for traffic...it's a fast way to an out of memory issue...

Tim Barber

VATSIM President

Marcelo Duran 1176670
Posted
Posted
I would like to see the detailed PMDG model instead of some 737

Personally, I would never want my pilot client to use a hires model for traffic...it's a fast way to an out of memory issue...

That´s correct!!! Imagine an event at a payware scenery airport with dozens of B738 at the apron... Low FPS and OOM error, for sure.

vPiot's rules will not match any Boeing 737 (or 747 or 777) to a PMDG livery by default. You have to set up a personal rule on your own... read the docomeentation for further info.

Regards, Duran.

Marcelo Duran

VATBRZ C1 - P2

VATSIM Supervisor

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Read and heed these warnings, which are based on several years of hundreds, if not thousands, users' experiences!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations