You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Saitek X52 Joystick PTT problem

Jim Davis

Jim Davis
Posted
Posted

My apologies if this was already covered, I couldn't find it. My Saitek X52 (not pro version) has a mode switch that seems to show button 24,25, or 26 pressed in whichever position the mode switch is in. This interferes with my setting a PTT button. Is there a way to make vPilot ignore those buttons when choosing a PTT joystick button?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
My apologies if this was already covered, I couldn't find it. My Saitek X52 (not pro version) has a mode switch that seems to show button 24,25, or 26 pressed in whichever position the mode switch is in. This interferes with my setting a PTT button. Is there a way to make vPilot ignore those buttons when choosing a PTT joystick button?

vPilot ignores buttons that were already showing as pressed when you set your PTT. Not sure why it wouldn't ignore that mode switch.

Any other X52 users having this issue?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Jim Davis
Posted
Posted

vPilot ignores buttons that were already showing as pressed when you set your PTT. Not sure why it wouldn't ignore that mode switch.

Any other X52 users having this issue?

I forgot one thing: I tried to clear button 24 with the clear PTT button, but it immediately set button 24 again without

me having a chance to pick a different button.

EDIT:*****************

I finally got it to work by reinstalling vPilot.

Rewien Ramsundersingh 1290
Posted
Posted

Did reinstall helped? I have the same problems.