You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Concorde model matching

Herby GORE 1217546

Herby GORE 1217546
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Most of the AI packages does not contain any model of the beautiful Concorde. Having the FSLabs Concorde installed on my rig, I've made a custom model matching rule to have it displayed on VATSIM:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ModelMatchRuleSet Folder="" UpdatedOn="3/1/2014 6:40:00 PM">
 <ModelMatchRule CallsignPrefix="BAW" TypeCode="CONC" ModelName="Concorde (Capt) BAUF OAF" />
 <ModelMatchRule CallsignPrefix="AFR" TypeCode="CONC" ModelName="Concorde (Capt) AF FB" />
 <ModelMatchRule TypeCode="CONC" ModelName="Concorde (Capt) BART 94A" />
</ModelMatchRuleSet> 

For those who does not have the FSLabs Concorde, there is a free model available on the AVSIM library. It is for FS2004; it works with FSX but the visor does not move up in flight. Just take care to install it in the good foler ('FSX folder'/SimObjects/Airplanes/AIS_ConcordeSST). And here's the model matching rule for this one:

<ModelMatchRule CallsignPrefix="AFR" TypeCode="CONC" ModelName="Concorde AF" />
 <ModelMatchRule TypeCode="CONC" ModelName="Concorde BA" />
</ModelMatchRuleSet> 

Those rules will display the BA Concorde by default unless the plane has an Air France call sign (AFR).

1414406989.png1217546.png

• 5 years later...
Kyprianos Biris
Posted
Posted
Hi,

Most of the AI packages does not contain any model of the beautiful Concorde. Having the FSLabs Concorde installed on my rig, I've made a custom model matching rule to have it displayed on VATSIM:

<ModelMatchRule CallsignPrefix="BAW" TypeCode="CONC" ModelName="Concorde (Capt) BAUF OAF" />
 <ModelMatchRule CallsignPrefix="AFR" TypeCode="CONC" ModelName="Concorde (Capt) AF FB" />
 <ModelMatchRule TypeCode="CONC" ModelName="Concorde (Capt) BART 94A" />
</ModelMatchRuleSet> 

Will this not load YOUR FSLabs Concorde as AI ?

If yes, isn't that a bit heavy of a model to have as AI if you fly another complex/heavy airliner (i.e. Boeing/Airbus) model ?

spacer.png

Hellenic vACC | Olympic Air Virtual

Europe Region Director 2001-2011

Pilot: P5 | ATC: C3