You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Model matching errors

Andreas Stangenes

Andreas Stangenes
Posted
Posted

Hi. First I want to say a big thank you for making the vPilot client! Ever since I ported over to P3d I have had problems getting a vatsim client to work properly. The vPilot client re-enables me to enjoy vatsim flying!

However, Im having problems getting any models to match my traffic. I downloaded and installed all of the more common airlines in World of AI from Avsim 2004 library. I pointed it to my p3d v2.2 folder and I didn't get any error messages during install of any of them.

When I start my vpilot client I get a constant stream of error messages saying that simconnect couldnt match the model. I have rechecked that I actually downloaded the correct AI package according to the errormessage by crosschecking the date of the package specified by the error message with the date of the WOAI package I installed. They match.

What am I doing wrong? Isnt the matching rules working in p3d? Thanks alot for any help

Sincerely,

Andreas

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

I don't have P3D, but does it have somethin akin (or identical) to the fsx.cfg configuration file?

In FSX, downloading the models and putting the files in a folder in SimObjects doesn't do anything. It's only if the fsx.cfg file is (correctly) modified to point to that directory when FSX will include that folder when searching for a given model.

Andreas Stangenes
Posted
Posted

Hmm yes there is the p3d.cfg file which is equivallent to fsx.cfg. I noticed that there was several simobject paths under the [main] section, among them the path to simobjects\airplanes.

I noticed that my WOAI aircraft were installed in my p3d root folder and not in my simobjects\airplanes folder. I decided to reinstall my woai packages and point them to the simobjects\airplanes folder, but I still get all the error messages and not a single model match.

Andreas Stangenes
Posted
Posted

Im a bit confused now by the WOAI package installer after reading its docomeentation. It doesnt automatically let me select p3d, and since I dont have fs9 or fsx the whole auto select menu is greyed out in the installation window. My only option is doing manual selection - which is the option I have used so far. In the docomeentation it says that it actually doesnt install the package when choosing this option. It says you have to manually install them after WOAI installer has completed the extration. It doesnt say what the manual installation procedure is, though

I'm kinda stuck...

Andreas Stangenes
Posted
Posted

Ok, this whole thing is probably pretty obvious to everybody else I'm sorry, I'm too used to having installers dealing with everything under the hood so now I'm a bit confused and helpless lol ^^

I bought the migration tool and have virtual fsx activated during WAOI package installation. Now I have the option to point the installation to fsx in the drop down menu. However, I get multiple errors when I install saying something along the lines of:

"WoA_AIA_B735v2_LogoLight_CNO-SAS Norge not found!" and I have to click ok. This happens multiple times per package. This leads me to belive that my installation is faulting and I am still no further into geting any model matching in p3d.

I'd much appreciate any help I can get here

Andreas Stangenes
Posted
Posted

Here is my [main] section from prepar3d.cfg:

[Main]

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\Submersible

SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\Weapons

SimObjectPaths.8=SimObjects\Countermeasures

HideInfoText=1

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter, Submersible, ExternalSim

Location=1601,0,3204,898,\\.\DISPLAY1

Maximized=0

HideMenuNormal=0

HideMenuFullscreen=1

Do I have to manually make a new simobjectspath for each for the WOAI package that I install? Ie.

SimObjectPaths.9=SimObjects\Airplanes\WoA_AIA_B733v2_LogoLight

?

Andreas Stangenes
Posted
Posted

Ok it seems I got it to work by my self *proud*

I used EMT and installed the packages as normal. It doesnt matter if I get alot of those error messages, it still works ingame. *thumbsup*

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Good, I'm glad it's working. From what I can tell, though, you installed WOAI in Simobjects/Airplanes?

If that's true, there's no .cfg change to be made.

And, not that it matters anymore, but just for the record/information/learning, if you were going to add a simobjectpaths entry, it would be to the location where your WOAI are installed, not the individual filenames.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Andreas Stangenes
Posted
Posted

The problem for me was that I used the WOAI installer without using the migration tool. Doing it like this, the WOAI installer only provides unpackaging, and not installation. The packages got unpacked in the prepar3d\airplanes folder. This isnt a valid folder. In addition to this, the folder name of the unzipped package was uncorrectly named when doing it this way (got the name of the original zip file (which I had changed when downloading it to keep track of version numbers) which made it doubly impossible for vPilot to identify the AI package).

So I used the migration tool during installation instead, and this time I could choose FSX as the program type in the WOAI installation menu. It gave me some messages during install saying that the package was already installed and asked me if I wanted to repair. I clicked yes, and then I got some messages saying that the individual models in that package was not found in the repair folder (which was prepar3d\aircraft folder). This didnt matter at all. The WOAI install program correctly installed the packages in the simobjects\airplane folder, and all is now well in the world

Richard Bowcott 934080
Posted
Posted

How would it work if you had pmdg aircraft installed & wanted to see others with pmdg as pmdg? Also will there be a model set for the ftx au traffic 4.2 made.

Cheers

Riche

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
How would it work if you had pmdg aircraft installed & wanted to see others with pmdg as pmdg? Also will there be a model set for the ftx au traffic 4.2 made.

Cheers

Riche

There's no way for vPilot to know if others are using PMDG.

If you want to use (for example) your PMDG 737NGX any time you encounter a user flying a 737, then you would create a model matching rule that points to the NGX model(s) that you want to use. (You'd need a rule for each livery you have installed, and/or you could have a rule that was not callsign-specific, and would just show all 737s as the PMDG house livery.)

I wouldn't recommend this because it'll put quite a load on your system loading the complex PMDG model for every 737. Could get really bad during an event.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Richard Bowcott 934080
Posted
Posted

Thanks for reply ross ,

Cheers

Riche

• 2 weeks later...
William Sequeira 1192651
Posted
Posted

So, if I am reading this right. To get WOAI in P3Dv2, you have to buy the Migration tool?

Is there a step by step somewhere for people who don't want to purchase an addon for freeware? I fly only on Vatsim with P3Dv2, and would like to see more than white Lears all over the place! lol..

Thanks, as pointed out above, the installation information in the readme is pretty much non-existent.

1192651.png

• 7 months later...
Stephan Koenig 944127
Posted
Posted

The Migration Tool also helps installing sceneries and planes with no native P3D installer.