You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

SimConnect Error: VERSION_MISMATCH 5

Kenneth Haught

Kenneth Haught
Posted
Posted

I'm probably an idiot...but does anyone know how to resolve this issue. I have downloaded/installed SP2, as well as the simconnect tool in the vPilot docomeentation. Still I get this as soon as FS is running with vPilot. I run both FSX/vPilot as admin, and get this error whether vPilot is in admin mode or not. My FSX directory is not the normal directory, instead on a dedicated hard drive if that makes a difference.

Win 7 Ultimate

Anchorage Deputy Air Traffic Manager

VATSIM Senior Supervisor (Team 1)

Have a question or concern? Email me at [email protected].

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Hi Ken,

First, you're not an idiot.

I don't run networked, so all I know is what I've read, but I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume you're running networked since your using SimConnect. The only thing I can think of is are you sure you are running the same version of SimConnect on your remote machine as you are on your FSX machine? What version of SimConnect do you have installed?

If you are, please also confirm that when you upgraded to SP2 that you already had SP1 installed?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Kenneth Haught
Posted
Posted

Actually on the same machine (so not networked). That's just the error I get when starting vPilot. I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umed it used SimConnect as it's "talking" mechanism...

Hehe and how do you know...I could just be an idiot, cause it's probably something glaringly obvious. Yes, I did have SP1 before SP2.

Anchorage Deputy Air Traffic Manager

VATSIM Senior Supervisor (Team 1)

Have a question or concern? Email me at [email protected].

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Kenneth, please go into the control panel, choose "Uninstall a program" and go to the details view (so that you see Name, Publisher, Version etc. columns) and let me know what is in the Name and Version columns for FSX. The name should start with "Microsoft Flight Simulator X". Let me know what the rest of the Name is, and what the Version is.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 6 years later...
Jim Rish
Posted
Posted

The approach to this issue, whether it's in this place, or elsewhere on the internet, is as about as haphazard as it gets.  For what it's worth, there are different verions of simconnect's .dll   One guy on this thread, or some other one, I don't know, reformatted his HD,  went through the LONG install, and everything else, just to try and resolve this problem? Gads!  That's what I call dedication to this place. Or whatever... .. 🙆‍♀️

here they are: 

simconnect.png

rocksalot.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Jim, I'm unclear on why you've resurrected a 7 year old thread. Are you having issues with SimConnect and vPilot? Note that vPilot now includes the SimConnect.dll client library so you don't have to have it installed at the system level any more.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC