You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ES V3.2 startup error - mfc100.dll

Patrick Hrusa 829042

Patrick Hrusa 829042
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I am unable to get ES V3.2 running.

Every time when I start the programm I get an error message: "mfc100.dll"

I tried several re-installations, Admin, No-Admin, deleting V3.1, ...

My system ist Vista.

I am not that computer geek anymore, so I am pretty sure that it is just a user problem.

Kind Regards

Av_Logo_Signatur_PH2.png

Lukas Vollmert  1184564
Posted
Posted

Got the same Error here

Old Windows XP system runing on an MAC via Bootcamp which shouldn't be the problem!

Lukas Vollmert

ATCo C1 | VATSIM Supervisor of Team 4

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Once we had a similar issue, but only on one computer. So we were unable to decide if it is general or related to that computer only. The workaround that worked for us:

- Delete the 3 DLL files that have 100 in the name (mfc100.dll, msvcp100.dll, msvcr100.dll). Try starting ES. If works then be happy.

- If still no success, the install the redistributable package (x86): http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/confirmation.aspx?id=5555.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

A missing MFC100.dll error sounds like you don't have the correct Microsoft Visual C++ redist package installed. Try installing one (or both) of the following packages, depending upon which architecture of Windows you have:

32-bit: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

64-bit: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)

Got the same Error here

Old Windows XP system runing on an MAC via Bootcamp which shouldn't be the problem!

Considering that Windows XP is officially dead (and has been on the chopping block for quite some time now)... I'd say yes, that should be the problem.

EDIT: Must have been typing at the same time as Gergely... oops!

Lukas Vollmert  1184564
Posted
Posted

Nothing of the tipps helped me out

Hmm...I don't think so because there is the same error on Vista?

Lukas Vollmert

Wolfgang Decher 1072904
Posted
Posted

I solved the problem for WindowsXP this way: i copied the mfc100.dll, msvcp100.dll, msvcr100.dll files from C:\WINDOWS\system32 into the Euroscope Folder.

Patrick Hrusa 829042
Posted
Posted
Once we had a similar issue, but only on one computer. So we were unable to decide if it is general or related to that computer only. The workaround that worked for us:

- Delete the 3 DLL files that have 100 in the name (mfc100.dll, msvcp100.dll, msvcr100.dll). Try starting ES. If works then be happy.

- If still no success, the install the redistributable package (x86): http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/confirmation.aspx?id=5555.

Ok, I got it - but not exactly that way.

First I had to uninstall something like "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 ..." from my System programs list.

Then I deleted those 3 DLL files.

Installing this program from the URL didn't work, something like "I have already a newer version installed ...". So I went to uninstall, delete and got ES running without this program.

I get a few "file open error" messages within ES now, but I suppose that will be my config.

Kind Regards

Av_Logo_Signatur_PH2.png

Wolfgang Decher 1072904
Posted
Posted
Once we had a similar issue,...

Installing this program from the URL didn't work, something like "I have already a newer version installed ...". So I went to uninstall, delete and got ES running without this program.

I got the same Error my solution i copied the mfc100.dll, msvcp100.dll, msvcr100.dll files from C:\WINDOWS\system32 into the Euroscope Folder.

Lukas Vollmert  1184564
Posted
Posted
Once we had a similar issue,...

I got the same Error my solution i copied the mfc100.dll, msvcp100.dll, msvcr100.dll files from C:\WINDOWS\system32 into the Euroscope Folder.

Thank you VERY MUCH!! I got it working doing this

And thank you to all the developpers

Lukas Vollmert

Richard Williams 1203331
Posted
Posted

Alternatively you can delete/rename the files in the Euroscope folder and it will use the ones in System32

Just found this thread after posting my fix :/