You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot Audio Help

Gabriel Reiser

Gabriel Reiser
Posted
Posted

So I'm flying with vPilot... I get a message from a controller to contact me, awesome! First time getting to use voice on vPilot. So I tune him up and hit my PTT and state my position and altitude. I hear a very soft voice come back, barely audible. I have voice set to 50% in vPilot so I decide, let's turn him up! So I move the volume slider to 100% and ask to repeat last. Again, soft voice, barely audible. I state I'm barely able to hear him and to relay via text.

I go into windows mixer and turn down the volume of the sim and turn up the volume of vPilot. The next instructions from the controller are again, barely audible.

What am I doing wrong? Why aren't I able to hear ATC more than a mutter? Is there something I'm missing? vPilot is great but without being able to hear ATC I'm feeling a little depressed and unable to quantify flying with vPilot because of it.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Are you using the wave or direct sound device?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Gabriel Reiser
Posted
Posted

direct sound I believe...

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Give wave a try and let me know if it makes any difference.

I've had several users report this same problem, and I'm trying to find some similarities between their setups.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Gabriel Reiser
Posted
Posted

ok no problem, i'll test it tonight when I get home.

William Sequeira 1192651
Posted
Posted

Same issue, either Wave or Direct, which Direct being a little louder to me is still pretty quiet. I have all sliders, on my system and in the program turned all the way up.

Any software edit we can do to "boost" volume? At the moment I am having to have engine, cockpit sounds all turned down lower than I like, and have headphone volume way too high to make sure I don't miss something.

Thanks and thanks OP for bringing this up!

1192651.png