You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ES 3.2 new ASDE radar

Dante Nikolovski 1262085

Dante Nikolovski 1262085
Posted
Posted

Here is the new ASDE radar in ES 3.2

bC7sv.jpg

Can anyone tell me what happened to the old one? I liked it a lot, and I'd appreciate If someone helps me to have it back on the 3.2 version.

tccOA.jpg

Tnx,

Dante.

Dante Nikolovski

Training Director at MACvACC

VATEUD Divisional Instructor

[email protected]

Sam White 1214219
Posted
Posted

I'm guessing you are running a simulated session? In a simulated session I have found if an aircraft is squawking a code they are identified as an aircraft (the old symbol), but if they are not (e.g. 0000) then they are identified as a ground vehicle, with the rectangle. To make both appear as the 'aircraft' icon, go to Other SET->Symbology then select 'Ground aircrafts' in the 'Symbols' dropdown and copy the things in the box below it, then select 'Ground vehicle', and paste the text, overwriting the default things in the box, then press 'Ok'.

Hope this helps!

VATSIM UK S2 Rated (Essex RTS)

Sam%20White.jpg

Dante Nikolovski 1262085
Posted
Posted
I'm guessing you are running a simulated session? In a simulated session I have found if an aircraft is squawking a code they are identified as an aircraft (the old symbol), but if they are not (e.g. 0000) then they are identified as a ground vehicle, with the rectangle. To make both appear as the 'aircraft' icon, go to Other SET->Symbology then select 'Ground aircrafts' in the 'Symbols' dropdown and copy the things in the box below it, then select 'Ground vehicle', and paste the text, overwriting the default things in the box, then press 'Ok'.

Hope this helps!

Many thanks Sam, had no idea about that. I appreciate it a lot!!! Now no need of getting back the 3.1d version

Dante Nikolovski

Training Director at MACvACC

VATEUD Divisional Instructor

[email protected]

Sam White 1214219
Posted
Posted

No problem!

VATSIM UK S2 Rated (Essex RTS)

Sam%20White.jpg

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted
In a simulated session I have found if an aircraft is squawking a code they are identified as an aircraft (the old symbol), but if they are not (e.g. 0000) then they are identified as a ground vehicle, with the rectangle.

You are right, this is exactly what Gergely explained at the W14 conference. There is no 'native' support for marking objects as ground vehicles, therefore 'aircraft' with squawk 0000 are [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umed as ground vehicles.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS