You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Euroscope 3.2 dll issue

Richard Williams 1203331

Richard Williams 1203331
Posted
Posted

For some reason, on both of my Macs (bootcamped with Win7 32bit), Euroscope would fail with this error:

c:\program files\Euroscope\mfc100.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or software vendor for support.

It seemed to install fine on my desktop (Win 7 64) at work,but on neither my iMac at work or my Macbook at home. However this problem may not be limited to Macbooks that are boot camped.

The fix is quite simple - ensure you have the latest version of the MS C++ 2010 Redistributable installed. Then rename or delete these files from your C:\program files\Euroscope folder:

mfc100.dll

msvcp100.dll

msvcr100.dll

This, I surmise, forces Euroscope to use the versions available in the System32 folder, and the program starts up.

I have forwarded this to Gergely, but I thought I'd post it here in case anyone else had the same problem

Michal Fira
Posted
Posted

The files that does not came with Euroscope (those dlls copied from sys32) i think are not the same and causing the dialog error when ES using "file browser" function itself and furtherly forcefully close ES.

Michal

Michal Fira (1117392) C3

VATSIM Network Supervisor and Membership Manager - NA

0.png

• 3 weeks later...
Ulhas Jukkalkar 1195369
Posted
Posted

Thanks !! You saved me. I had been looking for ir for four hrs now.

One additional note:

If you start the euroscope from the start menu, those files will be recreated, and you will get same error once again. Delete files, and run the Euroscope as adiministrator from the root folder. You can create a desktop shortcut which will allow you to run it as admin without having to go to c:\program files:\euroscope every time.

• 4 months later...
Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

For some reason I can't get this to work on my laptop with Win Vista. Has anyone experienced this?

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

Yes, recently when installing on an old WinXP computer. What helped was changing the PRF file - with my friend's PRF we could just not start the ES but when I have sent him mine it worked instantly. Maybe there are some entries regarding DLLs there or I don't know, however it saved us after a long fight.

Pavel

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

Well, I can't even get the dialog to select a PRF file, so I guess that won't help me.

Strange, but somehow we all know, that Vista wasn't the best idea.

Morten Jelle

spacer.png

• 2 months later...
Ervins Reinverts
Posted
Posted

Hi there,

posting in this topic to avoid creating new one, as the topic title works for my issue.

So, after quite some time of not visiting vatsim forum I came here and discovered a new ES version. Gave it a try and I also have DLL issue, but not the one that have been reported in several other topics here.

This is the error I am getting:

OrP6I1w.png

The system is Windows XP Pro SP3.

Tried the solutions for those other DLL issues but they do not seem to help, DLLs are being recreated but the error is still there. Reinstalled MS C++ 2010 Redistributable a few times, to no avail.

Now I am a bit afraid of upgrading it on my Win 8 laptop which is where I usually control from.

Ervins

963676.jpg

balt.png

C1 controller EVRR & EETT FIR; BALT, EURN & EURE UIRs

Follow EVRR_FIR on Twitter at http://twitter.com/evrr_fir

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

If you have installed the C++ 2010 redist package, try renaming/deleting that file located inside the ES installation folder. ES should then instead use the (working) version placed in a system folder by the installer package.

EDIT: Also not sure what you mean by "DLLs are being recreated" ? The suggest fix is to ensure that these DLLs are removed from the ES folder. If they are reappearing, then you'll want to find out why.

Ervins Reinverts
Posted
Posted

I meant that if I remove all 3 DLLs, then on next startup of Euroscope they are recreated (and ES shows something about "finishing installation"). Wondering how could I determine why it is happening?

Ervins

963676.jpg

balt.png

C1 controller EVRR & EETT FIR; BALT, EURN & EURE UIRs

Follow EVRR_FIR on Twitter at http://twitter.com/evrr_fir

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

If there is missing a file from on the system, that Euroscope needs in order to work properly, the Euroscope installation will start up, and install the missing files. Including these *.DLL files.

Morten Jelle

spacer.png

• 3 months later...
Erdal ELMACI 1059183
Posted
Posted
If you have installed the C++ 2010 redist package, try renaming/deleting that file located inside the ES installation folder. ES should then instead use the (working) version placed in a system folder by the installer package.

EDIT: Also not sure what you mean by "DLLs are being recreated" ? The suggest fix is to ensure that these DLLs are removed from the ES folder. If they are reappearing, then you'll want to find out why.

Thank you. I had same problem with XP SP3 and deleted 3 dll's. Euroscope works fine now.

Regards.

Erdal ELMACI

Events & PR Director-ACCTR5

Turkish vACC trvaccsign.jpg

[email protected] - http://www.trvacc.org

• 1 year later...
Ryan Lorefice
Posted
Posted

There is a new problem arising. I delete the 3 files above and when i restart Euroscope, they reappear

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted
There is a new problem arising. I delete the 3 files above and when i restart Euroscope, they reappear
This is intended, as Morten explained. ES does a kind of self-check on startup and recreates any missing files.

Anyway, it can't be the solution to delete other dlls to get a plugin working. Did you check that the 32bit version of the C++ library is installed even if you use a 64bit system? And did you follow the suggested work-around launching ES explicitly as admin?

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS