You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot disconnect sound from FSX

Fabio Bottega 1249631

Fabio Bottega 1249631
Posted
Posted

Hello everyone

Yesterday i took a little bit time for testing the new vPilot Client. First i want to say very easy installation and handling. My first impressions are very good....!!! Cool....congratulations...!!!

QUESTION:

Does anybody know how i can run the vPilot Client whitout losing FSX Sound, for example if i'm writing position statement on unicom frequency, than i click on the vPilot Client and my sound of FSX go' away...

The thing is.... everytime i click on the Client vPilot, the sound from FSX leave. I think...because vPilot runs out of FSX...

BUT...is there a solution to change this. I hope so.....

Thanks

Greez

Fabio

Michael Garrett
Posted
Posted

I am having the same issue at the moment. so if i want to talk to vatsim ATC i have to have the client as the "Active" window and at that point FSX sound goes away. im browsing the forums for a solution.

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Michael, it sounds like your issue is completely different from the OP's.

Roger Hanson
Posted
Posted

Doesn't the FSX sound go as vPilot is run as an external (to FSX) program and like any other program the sound stops in a window when switching to another window.

I think both SB and FSINN sound stays when run internally (I seem to remember) but due to the bugs in both I only run externally now.

Rog

Regards, Rog Hanson

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Roger is correct on all counts. Since vPilot is a module external to FSX, the FSX sound will go away when clicking on it, or for that matter, any window other than FSX (e.g. internet browser, other applications, etc.).

It would be possible to hear the FSX sounds for internal FSX modules, but the unreliability of the applications as internal modules is why it's strongly recommended that SB users run externally (else you run the very real risk of the often-encountered FSX crash to desktop (CTD)).

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
I am having the same issue at the moment. so if i want to talk to vatsim ATC i have to have the client as the "Active" window and at that point FSX sound goes away. im browsing the forums for a solution.

This is a different issue ... I'm guessing that you're using a keyboard key for PTT (instead of a joystick/yoke button) and you're running FSX as an admin and NOT running vPilot as an admin. Is that right?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC