You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Feature request: Full airline callsign in the tag

Jonas Kuster

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

I learned now at the W14 conference that Eurocat was the inspiration for ES. Since skyguide (ANSP of Switzerland) is working with their own system, they have a slightly different tag. There is one function in it I find very useful. I would appreciate to integrate this one also to ES.

The function is that the full airline callsign is displayed in the tag when hovering it. This is already possible in ES, but only in the command line. I searching for that feature in the tag items, but found only the possibility to display the airline ICAO code only. There is just the matching needed, as in the command line. I would request an integration of that machting function into the tag.

Example: SWR1584 would then be Swiss1584.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Jonas,

OK, I registered this.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted
OK, I registered this.

I know I already asked you about this feature live at W14, I just wanted to have it somewhere written that you hopefully don't forget it.

Here some impressions from skyguide.

IMG-20140520-WA0000.jpgIMG-20140520-WA0001.jpg

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor

Bradford Lee
Posted
Posted

I don't use Euroscope, but I simply wanted to add that it would likely be best to make that field user-settable, otherwise you could end up with a DVA Delta guy displaying as Deer Valley, and similar mismatches because pilots don't know their correct airline code.

Brad Lee

spacer.png

ZJX ARTCC

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted
it would likely be best to make that field user-settable

Of course I thought about that feature to be a new item in the tag family, so every user can use it or not. The matching will of course not be better than the option we have already in the command line which depends only on the data file you are using. It might be an option to adapt these file for the needs in a vACC/ARTCC by the Ops department.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor

• 4 months later...
Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

I just realized yesterday that there is a new version available with the requested feature since July. Too bad I didn't get it before.

So I quickly looked for this feature I requested. There is implemented something, but not what I actually requested . So I will try to get it a little bit more clear still hoping this feature will work in the near future.

Feature that has been implemented

• Display airline origin name (Switzerland) if a match was found for the ICAO operating agency abbreviation (SWR) of the current aircraft

My original request

1. Display the company radio callsign (SWISS) if a match was found for the ICAO operating agency abbreviation (SWR) of the current aircraft (same content as already available in the info bar on the right side of the command line, name may be Airline radio callsign)
  2. If no match was found, nothing should be display and the item should remain empty
  3. In order to compose the call sign as "SWISS 345", another item (Airline flight number) containing any character of the call sign but not the ICAO operating agency abbreviation (SWR) should be available. If no match for the ICAO operating agency abbreviation (SWR) has been found, it should display the full call sign. This will allow full readability for call signs with and without match to the ICAO Airlines file.

Additional bugs

EDIT: bug already reported and listed (550).

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor

• 3 months later...
Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

Hello,

feature request:

Request to remove DUPE warning if squawk is set to 1200/2000/2200/7000 - those are not discrete codes and should not be warned if used by multiple aircraft at the same time as the ATC is aware that the target is not identified. The DUPE warning (in real life) means that individual code is duplicated.

Thank you,

Pavel Brodsky

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

Pavel, I prefer that this DUPE warning is coming up, even though it is on these squawk codes. However, so far I haven't seen an issue with 7000 yet.

If this is going to be a reality, it should be a setting you can change, and it should not be removed completely.

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

Martin Loxbo
Posted
Posted

The reason you don't see DUPE with 7000 is because 7000 is defined as a VFR code in General Settings. If you define 2200 and 2000 as VFR codes the warning will be removed for them as well.

Martin Loxbo

Director Sweden FIR

VATSIM Scandinavia

Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

Oh, I didnt know that I can specify more than one VFR squawk - cool, thank you very much

Pavel

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ