You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.
PLEASE READ - Webmaster Support Forum
This forum will be retired in the near future. Please direct all queries to our dedicated GitHub support page https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/developer-info/discussions 
Here you can find documentation on our services and we are continuing to migrate pertinent information into the Wiki pages https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/developer-info/wiki

Credentials [Outdated]

Kieran Hardern

Kieran Hardern
Posted
Posted

EDIT: The information in this post is outdated. Please do not follow the instructions below.

To get site credentials on the beta system, please send me the following details:

• Public name of your organisation/site
  • Domain names you use (send me any that you might be redirecting the user back to, including example.com and example.net - these must be specified otherwise the redirects won't work)
  • The IP address(es) of the server(s) that will be making the requests. The server will reject any requests that don't come from the IPs [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated with the account
  • The CIDs of anyone you want to be able to manage your site credentials (you can send me the emails as well if you want, otherwise I'll just put in an example)

You don't need to send me an RSA public key. I will provide you access to upload that and manage your authentication methods.

Please email this to me and Luca (that way when I'm doing exams, Luca can set up accounts):

[Emails Removed]

You are also welcome to add me to skype:

[skype Removed]

... though please send the credential requests via email.

• 3 weeks later...
Kieran Hardern
Posted
Posted

I've now developed the public signup system for us to start trying. This allows you to fill in your details, request your credentials and us to approve them. This isn't enabled on all of the test accounts, so the process at the moment is as follows:

1. Send me an email for me to set you up your own login i.e. with your CID (if I haven't done so already)
  2. Fill out the 'Request New' pages (the link will appear if I've given it to you)
  3. Either wait for me to notice or give me a bump to approve your site
  4. Change any settings you need and get going

Just a general note for when you're signing up (I'll put some guidance on the site), please try to make your "Organisation Name" really clear to the member what your site is. A good example is the USA ARTCCs... I know you love your acronyms beginning with Z, however remember that for people logging in... they might not love them quite as much. I'd suggest something like:

Boston ARTCC (ZBW)

Then we're all happy

• 3 weeks later...
Kieran Hardern
Posted
Posted

This is now outdated. I'm locking this topic - see sticky topics for information about demo system credentials.