You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ES Not interpreting a flight plan

Mark Walsh

Mark Walsh
Posted
Posted

I'm a C1 in Moncton/Gander FIR. CZQM/CZQX. We are currently having an issue where an aircraft will depart from CYQM (Moncton) to CYHZ (Halifax). A typical flight plan between these two airports are YQM V313 YHZ. Using Matias for instance, if you Right Click on their altitude to show the blue line, hence their flight path, the path ends at YQM. It will not show the V313 nor YHZ. Therefore, handoffs have to be done manually. The opposite is true for YHZ V313 YQM. I have the latest Fs-Navigator airac installed. This is the only flight plan that seems to be an issue. Suggestions?

Mark Walsh

Vatsim Network Supervisor

Pablo Maciel
Posted
Posted

Hello Mark,

I think the airway is wrong introduced within your .SCT file.

If the airway could be walked in both directions, you have to set it up well in the sectorfile. I suppose this airway is being detected as one way only because that is how the airway has been created within your sector. You have to look your sectorfile and check if this is ok.

Regards.

Mark Walsh
Posted
Posted

Your response is much appreciated. I did think of that. Here are my entries in the SCT file. It's just so odd that this is the only route problem I have. It will not recognize between these two VOR's. There are not fixes in between. It does the same thing, doesn't matter which airport you depart/arrive from.

YHZ 115.100 N044.55.23.002 W063.24.06.984 ; HALIFAX

YQM 117.300 N046.11.20.000 W064.34.14.988 ; MONCTON

; - V313

V313 YHZ YHZ YQM YQM

Mark Walsh

Marcelo Duran 1176670
Posted
Posted

Hi.

And your AIRWAY.txt file??? Which cycle does it belongs to??? Can you find V313 in it if you open it?

I might be wrong, but the definitions in the .sct file are used *mainly* for drawing purposes.

ES uses data from the AIRWAY.txt file to p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] the route, as it's able to p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] a long flight plan route even if it goes out of your sector.

Hope it helps.

Regards, Duran.

Marcelo Duran

VATBRZ C1 - P2

VATSIM Supervisor

Pablo Maciel
Posted
Posted

I think your problem is how your .ESE file has been done. If the automatic handoff is not working the problem is the even direction has not been introduced there.

Check if you have both directions (even and odd) on the V313 within your .ESE file. Let me know if you need more help.

Regards.

Juha Holopainen
Posted
Posted

The route prediction should go to the destination airport even if the airways in the flight plan aren't found, so there's a problem somewhere. You could try reloading the airport coordinates file (ICAO.txt) to see if it helps.

Mark Walsh
Posted
Posted

Interesting thing is that it's a problem both in v3.1d and v.3.2 Actually, even if I remove the V313 airway, it is still unable to interpret a FP from YQM to YHZ. I've tried it in several different formats. One was just DCT to YHZ and it works. If I just DCT to YQM, it works. But it will not join the FP between YQM and YHZ. Handoff's in between the two sectors within the ESE is ok since ES can interpret YHZ to YYG (Charlottetown) and reverse. With all the FP interpretations, etc.... it's only these two VOR's.... They are in the airways.txt, ICAO.TXT, SCT file, etc....

Mark Walsh

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Can you tell me the FL the flights are and the full route.

Mark Walsh
Posted
Posted

The flight levels are world low. Distance is only about 90nm. Levels are typical between 8000-14000 ft. Direction of travel doesn't matter. Full Route between is typically YQM V313 YHZ. There are no fixes on the V313 airway.

Mark Walsh

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

When I enter a flight plan from CZQM to CZQX using route as "YQM V313 YHZ", ES shows that YQM to YHZ via V313 is OK. So the route itself is compiled.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Mark Walsh
Posted
Posted
When I enter a flight plan from CZQM to CZQX using route as "YQM V313 YHZ", ES shows that YQM to YHZ via V313 is OK. So the route itself is compiled.

Actually, you did point out something interesting... The route will compile correctly if the destination airport ICAO code is incorrect. CZQM and CZQX are the FIR regions, not the airport ICAO codes.

Try entering a Flight Plan of:

Origin: CYHZ

Destination: CYQM

ROUTE: YHZ V313 YQM

The interpretation I am getting is:

Waypoint Airway Comment Waypoint ETA

CYHZ CYHZ4 ok YHZ 00:39

The CYHZ4 is the SID Departure. I actually commented the lines out of the ESE for process of elimination. No avail.

Mark Walsh

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

My knowledge of the are is not really up to date. I will check.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Mark Walsh
Posted
Posted

Our current sector files are available www.czqm.ca

:) My knowledge of the are is not really up to date. I will check.

Mark Walsh

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted
Hi.

And your AIRWAY.txt file??? Which cycle does it belongs to??? Can you find V313 in it if you open it?

I might be wrong, but the definitions in the .sct file are used *mainly* for drawing purposes.

ES uses data from the AIRWAY.txt file to p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] the route, as it's able to p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] a long flight plan route even if it goes out of your sector.

Hope it helps.

Regards, Duran.

As was mentioned here.

Have you checked your airway.txt file? What AIRAC cycle is it?

Answer that question before you I trying to rebuild sector files.

If the flight plan does phase the route beyond the first fix, the chances are the airway is newer than the information in your current airways.txt file.

Similar to aircraft navigation data bases, euroscope needs to be updated as new cycles come out.

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Mark Walsh
Posted
Posted

I have the AIRAC cycle 1406. Dated: 29/May/2014 - 25/June/2014.

YQM 46.188889 -64.570833 14 V313 L YHZ 44.923056 -63.401945 0 Y 0 N

The V313 does not have any fixes between. If I file YQM YHZ without the V313, I still have the same problem. Even reverse. Having the V313 really has no bearing....

However, if I remove one VOR from the FP, it will work. i.e. just YHZ or just YQM.

It will not draw the FP line, nor interpret between these two VOR's for some reason.

Mark Walsh