You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Transmitting on vPilot

Michael Garrett

Michael Garrett
Posted
Posted

Hey got everything running.

How can i set it though so that it doesn't have to be the "active" window in order to transmit on frequency?

If i am using FSX as the "active window" on my primary display, then i can't transmit. So i click vpilot and then i lose the sound from FSX.

Also, when i do transmit.. my mic stays stuck "on" and i have to switch freq and then back in order to stop transmitting. :S

THanks !

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

If you're running FSX as an administrator, did you do the same for vPilot (as per the docomeentation)?

Michael Garrett
Posted
Posted

Yes i sure am ! its just really strange that the PTT key sticks. I hope it's not an isolated issue !

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Did you install as an administrator?

Regarding the PTT issue, this is the first I've heard of that in the thousands of uses of vPilot. Perhaps try a reinstall?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Michael Garrett
Posted
Posted

tried reinstalling and confirming that it was installed as admin, went thru setup again and its working. So that may have been the issue. Thanks

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Glad the PTT and transmit issues are resolved. As you've probably seen from other posts as well as the other thread where I just responded, since vPilot is an external application to FSX, the FSX sound will go away when you click on vPilot (for sending text messages, PMs, changing configuration, etc.), just the same as it would if you clicked on any other application (e.g. internet browser, email program, etc.).

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

There is no need to run the installer as an admin ... there must have been something else going on and it just appeared to have fixed it by running the install as admin.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC