You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vpilot efb

gareth jukes 1164421

gareth jukes 1164421
Posted
Posted

hi guys,

iv noticed since using vpilot and using efb when i get vatsim data for efb im getting an error something about not being able to get info on the receive ? but only happens when i try and get vatsim info on efb while using vpilot this is the message i get the underlying connection was closed an unexpected error occurred on a receive..any idea's

cheers gareth

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Please post the actual error messages you are receiving.

There were a few EFB users during the beta, and IIRC whenever issues were noted, they were on the EFB side of the equation. Ross did communicate with the EFB developer and let him know of at least one bug in EFB. The developer also let Ross know that a newer version of EFB is being developed. Finally, at least one of the issues we found during beta were resolved when the EFB user installed the most recent version of EFB, so please make sure you're running the most current version.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

gareth jukes 1164421
Posted
Posted

hi Don

this is the message i get....( the underlying connection was closed an unexpected error occurred on a receive)

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

You get that error from EFB or from vPilot?

Which version of EFB are you running?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

gareth jukes 1164421
Posted
Posted

hi ross

im running v 1.5.0.19608, its been running fine up until today haven't installed nothing new on pc etc

cheers gareth

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Do you get the error from EFB or from vPilot? A screenshot would be great.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Richard Walsh
Posted
Posted

I have started getting this message too but it happens even if vPilot is running or not. I don't see it as a vPilot issue

Morten Steen
Posted
Posted

Me too, I'm suspecting that there's something wrong with some of the info EFB is trying to download.

Edit: Confirmed by Urs: "since the online service on our server breaks down because of the IVAO changes, the VATSIM part is also not available. We're working on a solution."

So, just a coincidence that it happened when all of us started using vPilot

morten_steen_zpsbqpwg3mb.png

Todd Malek
Posted
Posted

There is a known issue Aivlasoft EFB which started about a week ago that Urs is looking into. It's something that extends from some change that was made in IVAO's data stream which also effects VATSIM data in EFB, doesn't matter which client you use.

Urs is looking into it. It's NOT specific to vPilot.

http://www.aivlasoft.com/support/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1672&start=10#p9740

http://www.aivlasoft.com/support/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1672&start=10#p9762

Cheers,

Todd.

CXA557-2.jpg

VATSIM: P1

gareth jukes 1164421
Posted
Posted

thanks guys so its not only me then "sheesh" so i guess i got my answer to my problem thanks for the help good to know you'r there.

gareth