You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Scenario Editor

Michiel Blom 1216804

Michiel Blom 1216804
Posted
Posted

Hello guys,

I took on the job of configurating all the taxiways at Schiphol airport. After a couple of evenings of work the layout with all the taxiways are done.

Next to some small issues:

- Not enough space on screen for all the gates under the Direct ribbon.

- Cant select preferred taxi direction (A is clockwise / B is counter clockwise at Schiphol)

Im now having some problems with making new scenario files.

First of all... bugs:

- When you startup euroscope and start editing a scenario via the Scenario Editor everything is fine. But when you do it after you did connect euroscope crashes. So basicly its "making a change/Testing/Restarting euroscope" atm.

- Predefined routes aren't working. when you write anything in the text box it disappears when you select something else or when pressing tab. Even when you enter the predefined routes in the .txt file they get removed when loaded in the scenario editor.

And last some questions:

- You can make sure that an airplane spawns in the air and is already established on the localizer and about to land, but is it possible to put in the scenario file that you want him to vacate?

- Is it possible to make predefined routes for taxing?

- How do you use predefined routes and holdings? as in how do you make a plane go into an Holding pattern etc?

Thanks in advantage

Michiel Blom

A two pictures of the taxiways in use:

8Rhhv.png

8RhqE.png

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Michiel,

Your taxiways looks exceptional I love them.

Issues:

- You are right. The menu bars have no scroll bar so far. I will change them.

- There is no way to define a one way taxiway in the ESE file. But it seems to be a really useful feature. You may expect it.

Bugs:

- The second load from file in the editor causes an endless loop. It is already registered.

- I tested that and it works when you have the points in your SCT file defined. Did you have them?

Questions:

- No. There is no way at the moment to define the vacate direction in the scenario file.

- No. No predefined routes for taxiing. I guess we tested the whole staff in smaller airports only .

- Predefined routes and holdings are just independent things. Define a holding in your ese file. Direct the plane to the holding. The you may pres the holding button.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Eric Bocaneanu 906549
Posted
Posted

Michiel,

Wow. Really quick release from you. What scenery is it based from? The Aerosoft one? Granted I took one day to create the LUKK example airport but I already knew the structure and format and I had made tests in ArcGIS before. What did you create it in? Notepad?

Eric

Eric Bocaneanu

ROvACC Director

Michiel Blom 1216804
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your reply.

Just to be clear. i made the taxiroutes for use with sweatbox (The Bright green line). However i didn't make the sector file (every other line) that honor goes to someone else some time ago. I think its based on the aerosoft one yes. at least it aligns with that one perfectly.

I did use just notebook and .sline

About the predefined routes:

I toughed you could put an heading behind the VOR as in SPL280, when i just use normal points (SPL/1000 BANSO/2000) it works.

I also tried to hold a plane over SUGOL and it did also work, however i still dont get how i can make a plane on final follow the missed approach predefined route. Cant find the "button"

Another question:

Since there is a new "who is the pseudo pilot" option available to us. I gave it a go and found this out.

When one pseudo pilot is running the scenario and the other one is logged in without the scenario he does get the pilot under control but cant do anything with it. The buttons to land etc are not there and the buttons to taxi dont work.

However if the 2nd pseudo pilot also runs the same scenario he can control the planes but the server comes up with "duplicate callsigns found". So what is the correct way to use 1 scenario file with 2 pseudo pilots.

Eric Bocaneanu 906549
Posted
Posted

I understand. Did you finish it? There are a ton of small little pieces that need to be made. I bet it's exhausting. I thought you actually used the ground GEO coordinates that were already drawn and just broke them up in in notepad.

I also tried to hold a plane over SUGOL and it did also work, however i still dont get how i can make a plane on final follow the missed approach predefined route. Cant find the "button"

You can create a predefined route for that. If there are some radial/distance points to be followed that do not have a named fix you may need to create some fake points. After you trigger go around by pressing TAKEOFF the select the predefined route menu (right click on the waypoint field) and select the intended route. It is not automatically selected.

When one pseudo pilot is running the scenario and the other one is logged in without the scenario he does get the pilot under control but cant do anything with it. The buttons to land etc are not there and the buttons to taxi dont work.

However if the 2nd pseudo pilot also runs the same scenario he can control the planes but the server comes up with "duplicate callsigns found". So what is the correct way to use 1 scenario file with 2 pseudo pilots.

This may be because the runways are not sent to all pseudopilots. In the actual scenario file txt check that everything is prefixed with PSEUDOPILOT:ALL. PSEUDOPILOT is a bit of a misnomer now. It is actually the computer which runs the simulation but not necessarily the one which controls them. You can either leave it like this and take control manually of each plane on each pseudopilot console. or you can set INITIALPILOT: to the controller you want to have control automatically (which you can then transfer).

Eric Bocaneanu

ROvACC Director

Michiel Blom 1216804
Posted
Posted

AHHH so you right click the active route to get the predefined routes, might be so obvious when you know it, but when you dont....

Tried it and it worked

Is there a way to put the initial pilot on the guy that runs the scenario? Since with most our scenario's it doesnt matter what callsign the mentor uses.

I dont wanne force every mentor to use specific call signs for specific scenario's

I tried to put it on ALL and that obviously doesn't work

Eric Bocaneanu 906549
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately the INITIALPILOT is not very flexible. It needs to be tried to every aircraft and with only a specific callsign. We use a callsign that is fixed and is the simulated position's callsign with a _P_ in the middle. Otherwise the scenario is perfectly fine without having a pilot. It will follow the predefined route and altitude profiles. Of course to move it you still need to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume but it's just a short step.

I will propose it to be more flexible.

Eric Bocaneanu

ROvACC Director

Michiel Blom 1216804
Posted
Posted

oke, ill just have to tell the mentors then what callsign to use.

One more question.

is it possible to turn crash detection off by default?

it is pretty annoying when testing/making a scenario

and one more bug.

Its not possible to delete planes via the scenario editor.

To delete planes i need to go into the .txt file and delete them manually.

Next to that when you create a new plane it will then also make a duplicate ABC plane witch then needs to be manually removed every time.

90deN.png

Eric Bocaneanu 906549
Posted
Posted

Michiel,

I have confirmed the 2nd bug.

As for crash detection, that is mostly useful in the ground in 3D tower view since it will generate an explosion - that was the reason it was implemented. For 2D tower view you can just disable it completely by setting the extent for each aircraft to 0. That way it will not have a body to crash.

Eric Bocaneanu

ROvACC Director

Michiel Blom 1216804
Posted
Posted (edited)

Setting the body size to 0 is only working partly, When taxing the planes will not crash but when you let 2 planes taxi to the same spot they will in fact crash.

Since a lot of the times you let the planes taxi to the same holding point (especially with the new taxilines), there is still is a big change mentors will struggle with crashes and cant focus on the mentoring part.

Crash detection should be completely off.

One more bug:

Its really annoying when there is a tag under the Buttons (edit: ribbon) at the top of your screen, since when you try to click (lets say) new taxi route and there is a tag underneath it, it will click on a tag instead of the button.

Edited by Guest

Sam White 1214219
Posted
Posted

As a work around tell the aircraft that will arrive at the holding point second to taxi behind the first one, then it will stop behind it and not crash into it at the holding point.

VATSIM UK S2 Rated (Essex RTS)

Sam%20White.jpg

Michiel Blom 1216804
Posted
Posted

Thats a another quick fix but it doesn't solve the issue, you want me to tell all the mentors that they need to put all the planes near the holding point behind the one before with an [Mod - lovely stuff]py function that doesnt always work? Its a lot of work we dont have time for or at least dont wanna spent time on while doing a busy ground scenario.

another bug.

when a plane is on an ILS and you want to use the TAG function to let him vacate, if there is another runway nearby he might pick that runway instead.

it should be based on the runway that is selected for that plane to land on

336f85654c.jpg

Also the vacate LEFT/RIGHT is broken. There is no logic in it at all, After running multiple tests i saw them sometimes do it as intended, sometimes they dont, sometimes they just pick the first point on the list to vacate, even when its on the wrong side and at the end of the runway.

Eric Bocaneanu 906549
Posted
Posted
Its really annoying when there is a tag under the Buttons (edit: ribbon) at the top of your screen, since when you try to click (lets say) new taxi route and there is a tag underneath it, it will click on a tag instead of the button

I understand your issue but it's not really a bug. It is intended that tag items are higher priority then the menu items. They are always more important than the menus, and even more so, when on mouse over a label that has part of it below the menu it will draw it above it.

Also the vacate LEFT/RIGHT is broken. There is no logic in it at all, After running multiple tests i saw them sometimes do it as intended, sometimes they dont, sometimes they just pick the first point on the list to vacate, even when its on the wrong side and at the end of the runway.

Most likely it is a design issue. The nearest exit should be higher than farther exit points since if one that fits the requirements is found it will use it. However the wrong shouldn't happen. If after doing the above you still get it send me the ESE to reproduce.

Thats a another quick fix but it doesn't solve the issue, you want me to tell all the mentors that they need to put all the planes near the holding point behind the one before with an [Mod - lovely stuff]py function that doesnt always work? Its a lot of work we dont have time for or at least dont wanna spent time on while doing a busy ground scenario.

It should always work. And it's quite easy to use, and it has a lot of other advantages such as, when the first aircraft lines up all the rest will move forward as in reality, quite beautiful if you ask me. And it just involves a click to enable the function. And missing that click you would have to move each plane manually one by one at the H/P. However I agree that crash detection off should be able to be turned off. I would have imagined setting it to 0 would disable it. Seems not.

when a plane is on an ILS and you want to use the TAG function to let him vacate, if there is another runway nearby he might pick that runway instead.

it should be based on the runway that is selected for that plane to land on

Not sure if I understand. In the screenshot the aircraft is on what runway centerline? It is not 18C? From the ribbon it is cleared on another runway but the tag is showing the wrong runway? Is it a runway that is higher above in the scenario file?

Eric Bocaneanu

ROvACC Director

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

This may be because the runways are not sent to all pseudopilots. In the actual scenario file txt check that everything is prefixed with PSEUDOPILOT:ALL. PSEUDOPILOT is a bit of a misnomer now. It is actually the computer which runs the simulation but not necessarily the one which controls them. You can either leave it like this and take control manually of each plane on each pseudopilot console. or you can set INITIALPILOT: to the controller you want to have control automatically (which you can then transfer).

That is not really necessary. The scenario runner sends all the necessary data to other pseudo pilot clients. But be sure to enable it! In the connect dialog change the "Publish simulation data" from "Never" to at least "To pseudo pilot only" or to "Everyone" when using ES server. After that you should be able to land the planes you are flying.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted
Setting the body size to 0 is only working partly, When taxing the planes will not crash but when you let 2 planes taxi to the same spot they will in fact crash.

I change the detection from "less ro equal" to "less". That way the 0 size extent will not crash planes even on the very same position.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Just one not on EXIT usage in the simulator. When the plane lands, there is a random number running from 2-7 seconds before the plane starts decelerating. At that time it looks for the first of the exits that is far enough to be able to slow down to the speed specified for the EXIT. That way it may be different from time to time. But if you have some scenario where it does not work as should I also would like to test.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Michiel Blom 1216804
Posted
Posted
Most likely it is a design issue. The nearest exit should be higher than farther exit points since if one that fits the requirements is found it will use it. However the wrong shouldn't happen. If after doing the above you still get it send me the ESE to reproduce.

Example: i cant get the plane that landed on runway 24 to vacate to the LEFT at S2. Every plane exits to the right

c972b20df5.png

RWY 24

EXIT:24:S2:RIGHT:20

COORD:N052.17.46.048:E004.45.20.059

COORD:N052.17.45.948:E004.45.16.711

COORD:N052.17.47.169:E004.45.13.559

COORD:N052.17.48.608:E004.45.12.078 ;S2R

EXIT:24:S2:LEFT:20

COORD:N052.17.45.965:E004.45.19.936

COORD:N052.17.44.785:E004.45.17.406

COORD:N052.17.44.250:E004.45.17.105

COORD:N052.17.43.418:E004.45.17.430

COORD:N052.17.42.931:E004.45.17.886 ;S2L

COORD:N052.17.40.746:E004.45.20.081

COORD:N052.17.40.407:E004.45.20.562

COORD:N052.17.40.197:E004.45.21.157

COORD:N052.17.39.982:E004.45.22.414

COORD:N052.17.40.014:E004.45.23.485

COORD:N052.17.40.185:E004.45.24.133

EXIT:24:S1:RIGHT:20

COORD:N052.17.33.063:E004.44.46.956

COORD:N052.17.32.707:E004.44.44.941

COORD:N052.17.32.773:E004.44.42.731

COORD:N052.17.33.441:E004.44.40.902

COORD:N052.17.33.594:E004.44.40.536 ;S1

When i change it and put S2 LEFT above S2 RIGHT all the planes will vacate to the left

Not sure if I understand. In the screenshot the aircraft is on what runway centerline? It is not 18C? From the ribbon it is cleared on another runway but the tag is showing the wrong runway? Is it a runway that is higher above in the scenario file?

The plane is flying the ILS approach on the 18R, thanks to the scenario its even established on the 18R, however if i click on the tag to tell him wich way to vacate he will come up with the options for the 18C which is next to the 18R.

Changing the runway order fixes this problem indeed.

I change the detection from "less or equal" to "less". That way the 0 size extent will not crash planes even on the very same position.

Thanks

That is not really necessary. The scenario runner sends all the necessary data to other pseudo pilot clients. But be sure to enable it! In the connect dialog change the "Publish simulation data" from "Never" to at least "To pseudo pilot only" or to "Everyone" when using ES server. After that you should be able to land the planes you are flying.

Missed that option, Thanks again

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

I found a bug in the exit direction selection. That will be fixed. I will also change the order in TAG to start with the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned RWY.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer