You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Font size in lists OR Settings .txt file documentation?

Janet Kino 1284502

Janet Kino 1284502
Posted
Posted

What I am trying to do at the moment is to increase the size of the font that is used for items in the Departure List. Changing the font size was easy enough through the Symbology settings dialog, but the line size doesn't change automatically with the font size, so the text is no longer completely shown in the departure list. Is there a separate control for the line size?

Part of the solution seems to be to change most of the items in the list to the same font size and then expand the column width for some of the longer items. The items supplied by Virtual Controller [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istant plug-in don't seem to be picking up their font size from someplace that I haven't discovered yet.

I was thinking that possibly it was encoded in the numbers after the column definitions in the Departure_List.txt, but I haven't been able to figure out that code yet. That also seems to be where the Is there any docomeentation on what things mean in the txt files for the various list definitions?

I am working with 3.1d, but I think the same question and issues apply to 3.2.

(edited to add the second paragraph)

Eric Bocaneanu 906549
Posted
Posted

The item "Other> List Header" defined the width of the character in the list. So you must first set that to the maximum size you decide to use in the list, then you can change the othe elements per your liking.

As for plugin "VCA" you need to check its docomeentation.

Eric Bocaneanu

ROvACC Director

Janet Kino 1284502
Posted
Posted

Thanks Eric. That was a help.

Has anyone seen any docomeentation concerning the txt files where the settings are saved? If not I'll contact the developers.

Eric Bocaneanu 906549
Posted
Posted

There is no docomeentation because everything you could edit has a user interface where you can edit everything. There's nothing hidden in the settings file.

Eric Bocaneanu

ROvACC Director

Janet Kino 1284502
Posted
Posted

The following line appears in the Departure_List.txt and Arrival_List.txt files of many of the controller packages that the UK Vatsim provides.

m_Column:Stand:5:1:44:29:12:1::::4

It allows us to enter a stand number for the aircraft in those lists. It does not appear in the setup dialog's for those lists. That implies that it is possible to fiddle around with the text files other than through the dialogs. I was looking for a way to find out what the different numbers meant and how the field inclusion was being done.

Juha Holopainen
Posted
Posted

I've just tested this by including the line in my list definition files and it does appear in the dialog just like any other one. Perhaps what's throwing you off is that it's listed as "[Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned speed (if set)"? The items in the line really only contain the information shown in the dialog and nothing more, i.e. column header text, width, centering flag, tag item number, mouse left and right click function numbers, plugin names for the previous three if they're not EuroScope default items, and finally the coloring. So yes, it is possible to edit the text file directly if you know what you're doing but even then it's much more convenient and less error-prone to use the dialog.

Janet Kino 1284502
Posted
Posted

AH! OK, now I understand. Thanks so much for taking the time to look at it and explain things to me. Basically all they have done is to type "stand" into the text file instead of whatever label Euroscope provides for that field.

I'm happy now.