You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Audio setting and model matching...

Kevin Jarvis

Kevin Jarvis
Posted
Posted

Sometimes I'll start a flight without my mic/headset plugged on.

When I plug in the speaker connection, I still hear audio from my main speakers.

I go in to the audio section of the client to find that my choice(s) have been deleted.

Once I choose the correct audio output device, all is well.

Is there a way to get the client to remember my settings?

I get the normal red text error message when I don't have the applicable model and/or texture set installed.

The error continues as long as the other aircraft is withing range.

Can the client send the alert once, or maybe twice, but keep a log so that I can refer to after my flight is finished?

Hearing the beeping and seeing the error message repeatedly is a bit obnoxious.

Thanks...a great piece of work in such a short time.

FSELogo.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Sometimes I'll start a flight without my mic/headset plugged on.

When I plug in the speaker connection, I still hear audio from my main speakers.

I go in to the audio section of the client to find that my choice(s) have been deleted.

Once I choose the correct audio output device, all is well.

Is there a way to get the client to remember my settings?

No, there is not currently. Maybe in a future update, but I don't really consider it much of a priority because most people don't unplug their audio hardware. You'll just need to train yourself to plug it in before starting vPilot. (Or just stop and restart vPilot after plugging it in.)

I get the normal red text error message when I don't have the applicable model and/or texture set installed.

The error continues as long as the other aircraft is withing range.

Can the client send the alert once, or maybe twice, but keep a log so that I can refer to after my flight is finished?

Hearing the beeping and seeing the error message repeatedly is a bit obnoxious.

The error will not continue ... not sure what you mean by that. Maybe what you're seeing is vPilot keeps trying to find a match that refers to a model that you actually have installed. It will eventually give up and use the default model. The error will not repeat. You should see that the model it is trying is different every time.

The exception to this is if you have your DEFAULT model set to a model that isn't actually installed. That's a different error and it will go forever. (As it should ...)

The real fix here is to fix your vPilot configuration so that the loaded rule sets don't refer to models you don't actually have!

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Kevin Jarvis
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the quick reply Ross.

I'm in training right now ....LOL.

I continue to add AI models and rule sets as indicated by the client.

FSELogo.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted
I continue to add AI models and rule sets as indicated by the client.

Kevin, I'm not quite sure what that comment means. You should only install rule sets for AI packages you already have installed. If you get a model matching error, it's because you installed a rule set and told vPilot to go find an AI that you don't have installed. To correct this, you need to delete the rules for which you don't have corresponding AI, or you need to install the AI.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Kevin Jarvis
Posted
Posted

I did not have some of the latest updates from WoAI. So I would recieve errors stating that I was missing a particular aircraft model. After downloading and installing the latest packs, these errors disappeared.

FSELogo.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Gotcha. Excellent!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations