You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Private Simulator Sessions

Kieran Jones 1166371

Kieran Jones 1166371
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys,

So I like to do Private Simulator Sessions with my Students as i am only S2 I don't have access to Sweatbox. I have been using Hamachi to make proxy connections but for some reason it doesn't work anymore. I was able to do it a few months ago, i didnt need to port forward and everything worked like a charm. But now i can't do anything at all.

I start the "Simulator Server via Proxy".

I type in localhost as the Proxy Server.

Then I start the proxy connection then start the server. (The planes are then visible for me on the ground and everything works normally on my end.)

I tell my student to connect to "VATSIM via Proxy".

Then I give my student my IP from Hamachi so he puts that in the proxy connection and starts the server.

Then an error pops up saying "An invalid argument has encountered".

So that is what i have done months ago which worked and ive tried it again tonight and it wont work now.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

Kieran

Sam White 1214219
Posted
Posted

Try telling the student to connect 'Direct to VATSIM', and then type in your IP into the server box, and see if that makes any difference.

VATSIM UK S2 Rated (Essex RTS)

Sam%20White.jpg

Kieran Jones 1166371
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I've tried that and it didn't work.

Sam White 1214219
Posted
Posted

I have heard of Hamachi doing so,e strange things to people's low level network configuration resulting in some programs such as TS3 and Skype not working. Do you have to use Hamachi? Why not just open port 6809 for external access (you may also need to forward it), and just connect in the way described here:

http://www.euroscope.hu/mediawiki/index.php?title=Built_In_Simulator

Sam%20White.jpg

Kieran Jones 1166371
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I have already opened the ports, 6809 and 6810. Does it matter if i have set them both as TCP/UDP or do they need to be UDP only?

I read that page last night and still nothing works, i have tried with multiple people and they are struggling to connect to my private sessions.

Sam White 1214219
Posted
Posted

Try forwarding the ports to your computer, and see if that helps. I don't think it should matter, but you could try having it as UDP only, and see if that helps.

Sam%20White.jpg

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Since we seem to have more and more S2s providing training, and providing training is key to the success of our hobby, I wonder if allowing S2s to log in to SweatBox would be considered.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Tom Stackhouse 1228816
Posted
Posted

any news kieran?

Kieran Jones 1166371
Posted
Posted

I support your opinion Don, and no Tom not yet. Still looking for a fix guys.

Kieran Jones 1166371
Posted
Posted

Hoping Gergely Csernak will respond to this post...

Kieran Jones 1166371
Posted
Posted

Thanks Todor,

Where can i get a license key from?

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

You don't. The Server will look at ES's website for the active licence.

Kieran Jones 1166371
Posted
Posted

Ok. Ill give it a try and see what happens.

Kieran Jones 1166371
Posted
Posted

When i try to open the server it says i need to locate a licence key, where can i get one from?

Kieran Jones 1166371
Posted
Posted

Nevermind ive got one.

Kieran Jones 1166371
Posted
Posted

So i have got it to work but how can i make myself and my student connect to my simulation so we can practise?

Can someone give me a short tutioral how to do it please?

Thanks

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

Kieran

Start to read here: http://www.euroscope.hu/mediawiki/index.php?title=Simulator_Architecture.

Actually most of the question you will have in the future about ES can be answered by the wiki. Always look for an answer there first.

Have fun using ES!

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Save the content of http://www.euroscope.hu/license/PublicVatsimLicence.txt to PublicVatsimLicence.lic and use it.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

• 2 months later...
Masoud Asadi 1207572
Posted
Posted

Hello Csernak,

I've been using the EuroScope 3.1d for a long time and I really appreciate the effort you have put in this software, and I wanna thank you for your brilliant behavior in responding the needs users have told you during these years in V3.2

it's for a couple of days I am using v3.2 and I enjoyed it a lot. it sorts many needs of my training session and in control which was not in the previous version.

But,

for the Off-line Simulator, a questions pops in my mind as soon as I saw you have separated the FSD server.

Cause I am ATC Training Director of VATME Division and Iran vACC INS ,... my Duties are double or maybe triple , so I manage it by inviting some of the trainees of my vACC whom their houses are near to mine and I train them offline.

1) I was wondering!!! if I Start using ES v3.2 does the License you have issued for VATSIM Public usage may limit my home network during the training?

2) Does it needs to connect to Internet to check the license each time we want to use Offline Simulator?

Regards,

Masoud Asadi

VATME ATC Training Director

Masoud Asadi

VATIR ATC Manager

VATIR Instructor

[email protected]

Visit: VATIR.ir

logo.png

• 3 weeks later...
Eric Bocaneanu 906549
Posted
Posted

Masoud,

The limitation in this Public VATSIM licence is 2 connections of radar controllers and 2 connections from FSX for Tower View. For a nonintegrated session you may run a server on each computer's instructor. It requires internet access for licence check and it can run without internet access for 2 days thereafter.

If you want integrated training I still suggest using the Sweatbox server online even if it is online.

Eric Bocaneanu

ROvACC Director

• 5 years later...
Sharon Lidor
Posted
Posted

How do I make a private session, with IP address and all that? ES-v3.2

please help me with that. I really need that.

thanks.

Sharon

Samuel Valasek 1421976
Posted
Posted
How do I make a private session, with IP address and all that? ES-v3.2

please help me with that. I really need that.

thanks.

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

Unfortunately you do not have the correct rating to host a "private" sweatbox session. Sweatbox is for use of mentoring sessions only. If you wish to create your own Hamachi one, unfortunately you also don't have the correct files to create one, only mentors have access to these files and mentors are not allowed to redistribute them.

Regards,

Sam.

Many thanks,

Samuel Valasek

Sharon Lidor
Posted
Posted

Are you able to answer my question, please?

If yes so please just answer it.

thanks.

Trevor Hannant
Posted
Posted

Sharon, what are you going to use a private session for?

- a private FSD server that you'll be running for a vA/Flight Sim group or community?

- to run scenario files to practice towards progression under the UK training scheme?

- something else?

All of the above require completely different ways of setting things up - unless we know what you're going to use it for, we can't help you...

Trevor Hannant