You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot update 1.0.5260.20091 now available.

Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Version 1.0.5260.20091 of vPilot is now available for download from the web site, or via the automatic update facility built into the client.

The following items were added or fixed in this version:

- 0002082: Bank angle is reversed when sending position updates.

- 0002080: Establish SimConnect connection on background thread to prevent UI lockup.

- 0002063: Increase radio volume.

- 0002051: Implement network traffic proxy in order to achieve smooth aircraft movement in networked configuration.

- 0002076: Increase brightness of non-directed radio text messages.

- 0002071: Improve landing light logic.

- 0002077: Change wording of missing model error to be more descriptive.

- 0002074: Retain existing values when loading a flight plan that omits some values.

- 0002066: Add minimize button.

Item #0002071 requires a bit of explanation. The logic that controls the appearance of lights on other aircraft now works as follows:

- Nav lights, strobes, and beacon are always on.

- Taxi light is on when the ground speed is greater than zero and less than 50 kts.

- Landing light is on when the ground speed is at or above 50 kts and the altitude is below 10,000 feet.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

Thanks Ross.

847924.png

Stefano Amatore 1281869
Posted
Posted

great!!!

Colin Schoen
Posted
Posted

Thank you!

Colin Schoen

VATSIM Senior Network Supervisor

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

im surprised none of the fictional VA's have stepped up yet to submit their livery data

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
im surprised none of the fictional VA's have stepped up yet to submit their livery data

A few have contacted me ... I won't be adding VA model matching rules to the vPilot web site for download within the client. VAs can just provide the model matching rules file for download on their web site in the same place they provide the actual models for download. Users have to go there to get the models anyway.

mohamed abdellatef 1271346
Posted
Posted

thank you for your great work

what is the traffic proxy

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
what is the traffic proxy

It's purpose and usage is described in some detail in this thread: vPilot open beta for network stuttering fix available.

@Ross: Now that this is out of beta, were you planning on updating the online docomeentation to describe this proxy?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
@Ross: Now that this is out of beta, were you planning on updating the online docomeentation to describe this proxy?

Yes, I was planning on updating the docs. Still am, in fact!

Andrew Morkunas
Posted
Posted

Ross, you are a steely eyed missile man. Thank you for your contributions to the flight sim community.

MN

Andrew Morkunas

spacer.png

Twitch: padre_andrew ATC Simulations

Morten Steen
Posted
Posted

Hello Ross / guys, I'm running the latest version networked.

Is it necessary or recommended to run TrafficProxy and vPilot as admin?

I had some issues earlier with the FSUICP KeySend and WideFS / PTT stuff if I didn't run everything as admin.

Now, with the internal PTT, all that is obviously unnecessary, so I reverted to my old ways.

But what about TrafficProxy and vPilot?

Thanks,

morten_steen_zpsbqpwg3mb.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

In a networked configuration, running vPilot as admin should not be necessary. That should only be necessary if you are running vPilot on the same machine as FSX, you are using a keyboard key as PTT, and you are running FSX as admin.

For the TrafficProxy, same deal ... if you are running FSX as admin, and you want to use a keyboard key on the FSX machine as PTT, then you'll need to run TrafficProxy as admin.

You can avoid the need to run vPilot/TrafficProxy as admin by using a yoke button as PTT.

Morten Steen
Posted
Posted

Brilliant, thanks Ross

morten_steen_zpsbqpwg3mb.png

Eric Fisher
Posted
Posted

Great stuff. It is amazing the work of one guy can have on a hobby like ours. Imagine were we pilots and ATC folk would be without Ross. Job well done!

Eric

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I've just added a couple paragraphs on how to get smooth aircraft movement when running vPilot over a network, as well as how to configure a keyboard key or joystick button for PTT on the FSX machine when running vPilot remotely.

http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Docomeentation.aspx