You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Altitude restrictions working in ES simulator?

Michael Kuhne

Michael Kuhne
Posted
Posted

I observed that the altitude restrictions don't always work very well. I use the format [waypoint]/[altitude].

If the actual level (in my example 33000) and the restrictions (here 16000) seem to be too far away (laterally) the descend starts only some 15-20 miles before the waypoint with the restrictions! Which is way too late.

As a work-around I now use multiple restrictions, thus it works fine but generates much work while creating a simulator file.

Anybody know some other trick that the altitude restrictions work always (as intended)?

Maybe I just got the reasonfor this behaviour: if there is a waypoint without restrictions before, the restriction will only be applied once this waypoint is past and the one with the restriction directly in front of the aircraft (aircraft flying towards this waypoint).

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Michael,

That is sure. The waypoint is processed only after p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ing the prior one.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer