You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Excllent

Charlie Goulding

Charlie Goulding
Posted
Posted

Just a quick thank you to the developers. This is a great new Pilot interface. Having struggled with Squawkbox and FSInn for years, this was installed and running within 5 minutes across a network.

Well done.

Yu Xiong 1191126
Posted
Posted

same here.

Now I have deleted other pilot software, certainly they are very good as well, and vPilot is now my unique choice to bring me online to fly.

Really appreciate what you have done for this entire community!

Regards,

Yu

Yu Xiong

Senior Controller (C3) & Certified Pilot (P1)

P.R.China Division Director (VATPRC1)

VATSIM P.R.China Division (VATPRC)

672A68079898-1_zps98cef54d.png

• 3 months later...
Stephen Markham
Posted
Posted

I decided to give my FSX another go as I was having trouble running it on my new Windows 8.1 laptop. I uninstalled the app and started again. After installing FSX, I found I was unable to get the app verified by MS. I tried several times, both, by online and by phone to no avail. I went back to trusty old google, and found a forum with people having the same problem as I was having. Alas, I finally found the solution. It said, " right click on the FSX exe file, click properties, click the Compatibility tab, uncheck the SP3 box, click apply, then ok". Voila! Tried the verification online, connection successful.

Now that my FSX was working again, I thought it was only fair that I should try and use it online now that I am a VATSIM member, using X-Plane as my default FS. But which client to use I asked myself. I use XSquawkbox with Xplane, so wanted something simple and easy to use. The choices were Squawkbox, FSinn and vPilot. Reading the blurb, the former sounded like people were having installation and compatibility problems. VPilot was Windows 8.1 friendly it said, so a no brainer when it comes to choice it seems. Downloaded the app, double clicked the file, told Norton to accept it as a valid app, filled in the appropriate boxes, clicked connect, it was looking for the FSX, so opened the FS and connected immediately. Did my first MSFSX flight in Europe in the default Lear Jet.

Thanks for this great little app people, so easy to use and flawless to install. Amazing!