You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XSquawkBox sound and ICAO problems

Louis Vermeulen 1246797

Louis Vermeulen 1246797
Posted
Posted

Fellow pilots and I experiencing two major problems when flying X-Plane 10 v 30b2 (64-bit) (including previous versions) online utilizing XSquawkBox v 1.2 64-bit namely, communicating with ATC and seeing and identifying other aircraft online.

Firstly, after having setup the audio settings and mic in XSquawkBox the recording and read back levels are perfect. When communicating with ATC online, ATC receives me 5/5 but the read back from ATC is less than 1/5. When communicating in TeamSpeak 3 the communication both ways is 5/5!

Secondly, when flying online other aircraft displays incorrect ICAO. For example, when 2 of us flying Carenado C208 aircraft online, the other one displays as a 747. Also when flying group tours online with the same type of aircraft, some of them displays as choppers. The registration of the other aircraft is not readable at all and displays as a yellow rectangle only. The aircraft itself is visible only when it is very, very close to mine otherwise it displays as a strobe blob only.

I've download and updated the latest XSquawkBox/Resources/CSL file and followed carefully the installation instructions.

Rendering is adjusted to Extreme Resolution, 1920 x 1080, runways do not follow contours, HD with 2xSSAA+FXAA anti-aliasing, 16x anisotropic, all other hihg and extreme setting with clouds 54% - output in very dense areas 40+ fps.

Plugins: EZPusback 0.4.2 )win64) - XPUIPC/XPWideFS - XSqauwkBox - Ground Traffic v 1.50 LEPA and SASL.

Aircraft situations - other aircraft number: 20

OS: Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 - System: Intel i7-4770K CPU 3.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 250GB SSDrive - GeForce 670 GTX graphics card.

Could you please [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist as this is one major frustration to say the least.

Sharadh Rajaraman
Posted
Posted

I highly agree with you on the sound problems; I'm a relatively new flyer on VATSIM (and flying in general), and so far I've only ever used voice comms once, and very quickly switched back to text because I couldn't hear a word of what ATC was saying, and because I didn't want to hold up other clearances (this was a Friday evening flight from JFK). However, it seems ATC found my voice very very clear, one of the best he'd ever seen. I don't really know how to fix this.

As for your 'aircraft only displays as a blob and their callsign is a yellow rectangle' problem, this occurs when HDR mode is turned ON, note, ON. Switch it OFF to solve the problem. It occurs on my notebook, too (Sager with an Intel i7-4710MQ, GTX 860M). I suppose your problem looks like something similar to the aircraft on the ground in the picture below (Yes, I'm BAW115). For more info and a fix for lights, you can look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=109&t=63899#p460592

xhIAdy1.jpg

Louis Vermeulen 1246797
Posted
Posted

Yes, it displays the same as per your picture. Thanks for the advice, I''ll give it a go! It is a sorry situation that we are so dependent on 3-rd parties to provide an online experience. I wonder if X-Plane cannot create such a client as part of their product? Just asking

• 2 years later...
Andrzej Stempski 915584
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

Did you met a problem like reseting the audio setting is XSB with XP11? I have used also XSB 1.3.1 version with XP10. Now every time I will choose proper hardware settings in XSB plugin after windows is closed and opened again I see everything reseted.

When loogged in to the vatsim I can listen and speak but via XSB but onl via default hardware sound options. Can not switch it for example to USB headset chnage setting onto Wave or DirectSound...

Any ideas? I have tried everything I thing including reinstal.

Andrew