You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.
PLEASE READ - Webmaster Support Forum
This forum will be retired in the near future. Please direct all queries to our dedicated GitHub support page https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/developer-info/discussions 
Here you can find documentation on our services and we are continuing to migrate pertinent information into the Wiki pages https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/developer-info/wiki

[Resolved] Public release

Roy de Vos Burchart 116989

Posted
Posted

Hey guys,

Thanks for the great work you have done so far on the SSO! It has been working great on our development site.

I was wondering when we would be allowed to release it to the public so they can login on our site and along with that we can release a couple new features.

Cheers,

Roy

Roy de Vos Burchart

Kieran Hardern
Posted
Posted

We do have a public version of this running at the moment. If you're completely ready (&tested) let me know and I'll get in touch with a timescale

Posted
Posted

Hey Kieran,

We are running the public version on our secured development site already and from our point of view, it has worked without a glitch. Though I would like to ask if it's possible to share the email address of the user as well so we can send email notifications when users submit support tickets; if it's not possible then that's fine. Maybe even let the user choose if they want to share their email or not.

I'm sure you guys are working on the following, but just today I tried to login and noticed my account was marked as Inactive, so I went to reactivate it which brought me to a completely different page (old style), it would be nice if it could be integrated into the SSO page along with the ability to finish the login process to the site that requested it (as now I have to go back and click the login button again on the site), perhaps with some sort session or query string, it would just be a minor convenience to the few people that might have to deal with it.

Cheers.

Roy de Vos Burchart

Kieran Hardern
Posted
Posted

We are running the public version on our secured development site already and from our point of view, it has worked without a glitch. Though I would like to ask if it's possible to share the email address of the user as well so we can send email notifications when users submit support tickets; if it's not possible then that's fine. Maybe even let the user choose if they want to share their email or not.

At present, not for your site. As you can imagine, VATSIM is understandably cautious about email addresses as there's never been a system whereby member's email has been provided to anyone other than that member's division. Therefore, currently it's limited in which types of sites can get it (based on access levels), which does extend well beyond home division. That being said, I would say 'watch this space' - it's not out of the question, it's just not available right at this moment. I'll get back to you

I'm sure you guys are working on the following, but just today I tried to login and noticed my account was marked as Inactive, so I went to reactivate it which brought me to a completely different page (old style), it would be nice if it could be integrated into the SSO page along with the ability to finish the login process to the site that requested it (as now I have to go back and click the login button again on the site), perhaps with some sort session or query string, it would just be a minor convenience to the few people that might have to deal with it.

This is something I've considered, however my system doesn't have the necessary access right now for this kind of feature. I do, however, have a head bursting with potential future ideas for how we could improve/expand the user experience - this being near the top. For now, my job is to get everything launched (back on a 3 week 8-5:30pm course at the moment, holiday afterwards!). I'll then propose a few expansions . Thanks for the suggestion!

• 3 weeks later...
Kieran Hardern
Posted
Posted

For anyone reading this post in the future, you can sign up to the live system whenever you wish. This post was made during the BETA stages.

Details about how to get started are here:

http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=65133