You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Text Behind Objects

Mark Plover 1162375

Mark Plover 1162375
Posted
Posted

I'm having this issue on VRC, Vat-Spy, and vStars where any text to be displayed shows up behind drawn objects such as lines or rectangles.

06fb3cae99.png

34c5dd4a6d.png

In the first image, you can see how the line sort of covers up the H and the 0, and in the second image the issue is much more apparent. The same thing goes for vStars when I'm controlling. The track owner text gets covered up by the primary radar blob and the secondary radar dash. Can barely tell who owns the track.

Update:

e13d3bec24.png

This is another example with VAT-Spy. I know now it's either a .net framework or (possibly) an OpenGL issue (if the VATSIM apps listed were designed with it).

Anyone know what the issue is here? I've been told that there's another post in the VATSIM forums somewhere in regards to this issue, but I can't find it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

0.png

• 3 weeks later...
William Lewis
Posted
Posted

I know Ross will come back and say this is a driver error on your video card. I too have this problem after updating my video card drivers last night. AMD HD 6670 driver date 4/17/2014 version: 14.100.0.0

The above pertains to United States

37.png

William Lewis
Posted
Posted

After a long night of playing with setting and removing re-downloading and re-installing video drivers (twice) this issue was resolved

37.png

Mark Plover 1162375
Posted
Posted

What ultimately fixed this? the reinstalling of the drivers or a specific setting you found? I'm still digging around and reinstalling drivers. I still haven't been able to resolve this issue.

0.png

Mark Plover 1162375
Posted
Posted

Disregard. Did a complete uninstall of the driver and updated to the 14.6 RC2 6/24/2014 Beta driver. Everything displays properly now!

0.png

Bradford Lee
Posted
Posted

Started getting this too after I updated my drivers. Don't want to downgrade though. Eh, I'll live with it I guess.

Brad Lee

spacer.png

ZJX ARTCC

William Lewis
Posted
Posted

Completely uninstall the drivers then reinstall rather than updating. You can use the updated drive and have the problem fixed.

37.png

Mark Plover 1162375
Posted
Posted

Well, after it working for about 2 days, it started happening again. The only cause I can think of is me putting my computer in sleep mode. Other hardware devices act rather strange after coming out of sleep mode, so I can only guess that the same is happening to my video drivers. Tried rebooting, no dice. Also, same thing is happening on my laptop right now.

0.png