You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Euroscope 3.2 sweat box simulator up-pausing.

Phill Powell 849479

Phill Powell 849479
Posted
Posted

When I'm mentoring in sweat box, I quite often pause the simulation so I can discuss a point, or steer the students towards a solution.

I've noticed that now ES randomly un-pauses the simulation. This doesn't happen when I use simulator on my local machine.

Phill

Vatsim network supervisor

VATeud I1/VATeir local examiner.

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

There was one similar report so far. I will check it.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Thomas Merle
Posted
Posted

Hello Gergely,

I encountered this also, on the SB server.

I don't know if it is linked but I also had ES suddenly and randomly increasing the speed of the simulation to x16 , during one session.

I also noticed that the first time the pause/unpause problem occurred it started just after an other training session was started on a airfield next to the one I was running my scenario. Don't really now if it is related or coincidence

Thomas Merle

Phill Powell 849479
Posted
Posted
I also noticed that the first time the pause/unpause problem occurred it started just after an other training session was started on a airfield next to the one I was running my scenario. Don't really now if it is related or coincidence

That's a possibility Thomas. In my case there was a lot of activity in the sweat box over on London which is adjacent to EIDW.

Vatsim network supervisor

VATeud I1/VATeir local examiner.

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

I guess I see now. Multiple simulator session on SweatBox mixes some commands.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

• 2 years later...
Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

Is this fixed? I still occasionally get the uncommanded pausing and unpausing using r12. I presume my ES could be affected by others on Sweatbox using unfixed versions. Would I be affected even by other users out of my vis range? On occasions I have checked with all the mentors in range and they claim to be using either 3.1d or 3.2r12.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

• 4 weeks later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

It is fixed in R12, but as long as the version with the bug still usable you still may receive unwanted continue requests.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer