You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

KCGX Megis airport has a new look

David Franklin

Daniel Katz
Posted
Posted

How about FS9 days? Still love flying into and out of CGX.

• 3 weeks later...
Christopher Coon 1097126
Posted
Posted

Meigs goes all the way back to subLogic Apple II and C-64 days... pre-MSFS 1.0 even. Back when 1 FPS was considered incredible.

Steven Perry
Posted
Posted

I never knew the fine was only $33k. That's pathetic. I'm surprised a few neighborhood [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociations in a noise battle with the FAA haven't raised $33k and rented a few construction vehicles to tear up their local inconvenient runway.

Steven Perry

VATSIM Supervisor

Kyle Rodgers 910155
Posted
Posted
I never knew the fine was only $33k. That's pathetic. I'm surprised a few neighborhood [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociations in a noise battle with the FAA haven't raised $33k and rented a few construction vehicles to tear up their local inconvenient runway.

The FAA has since changed the fine to be higher (it was only $33K because it was $1000/day - it's $10K/day now).

Additionally, they had to pay back the misappropriated funds (to the tune of about $1M), which were used to destroy the field, instead of improve it. Most towns and cities don't have that kind of money. Even the towns/cities with a generally stupidly vocal anti-noise population usually have some sort of intelligence to keep the airport around for the economic incentives.

...usually.

(Looking at you SMO and various SoCal localities...)

Kyle Rodgers

The content of this post, unless expressly written, refers only to those procedures in the United States of America,

following the Federal Aviation Administration Regulations thereof.