You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Using vPilot to connect to Euroscope for FSX tower view

Aleksi Laine

Aleksi Laine
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I've previously used FSInn succesfully to connect to ES via local proxy and display aircraft in FSX to have a tower view of my airport. This has proved problematic with vPilot and ES 3.2.

Many of the aircraft I see in Euroscope don't display in FSX. This evening I have had 7 aircraft, and none of them have displayed. My Euroscope proxy connection is running as localhost, and my vPilot is connected to Local Proxy. vPilot aircraft display settings are at max, 100 nm and 999 aircraft. Please note that previously some aircraft have been visible in FSX. One day, most were. Today, none.

I'm guessing this is an inherent incompatibility between the way ES feeds traffic data and how vPilot interprets it, but I wanted to make sure. If anyone could confirm that vPilot cannot be reliably used with Euroscope, or better, tell me how I could make it work, I would be very pleased

EDIT: The 8th aircraft today is the first to be displayed in FSX. I guess it could also be pilots not transmitting their aircraft data properly, but 7 ZZZZs out of 8 pilots would be a record...

EDIT2: 9th is also visible. 10th, not.

Aleksi Laine

Vatsim-Scandinavia S3 Controller

1238102.png1238102.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

vPilot's local proxy option is not for connecting to ES. It is for connecting to vSTARS, using a feature in vSTARS that has not been publicly released yet.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Aleksi Laine
Posted
Posted
vPilot's local proxy option is not for connecting to ES. It is for connecting to vSTARS, using a feature in vSTARS that has not been publicly released yet.
Hmm, then why am I getting some targets from ES to FSX? Well, anyways thanks for the reply. I guess I should stop trying then. I would rather not reinstall FSInn for this purpose, though...

Aleksi Laine

1238102.png1238102.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Hmm, then why am I getting some targets from ES to FSX?

vPilot will still connect to the ES proxy and some aircraft data will get through and result in vPilot creating the aircraft in FSX, but since the two proxy servers don't behave the same way, it is not guaranteed to work for all aircraft. Whether or not you see a given aircraft in FSX will depend on several factors, including the pilot client the other pilot is using, and even luck/timing.

Aleksi Laine
Posted
Posted

Ok, thanks a lot for the replies, Ross

Aleksi Laine

1238102.png1238102.png

Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted

Is there a future ES compability planned? Would be great to have TW without FSInn.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

No, there is no plan for that. Could happen, though.