You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATSIM FORUM AND THATS IT

John Stoddart 1293705

John Stoddart 1293705
Posted
Posted

SORRY FOR CAPS BUT ITS FOR MY BENIFIT AS ALL MY TOPICS WILL BE. I HAVE JUST RECENTLY JOINED - ID AND P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]WORD AND PIOLOT /OBSERVER. BUT AS IT SAYS ALL I CAN LOG INTO IS THIS FORUM WHICH IS QUITE INFORMATIVE ALOT BETTER IF I COULD PUT SOME THINGS TO PRACTICE . HOW WHEN I CAN SIGN INTO ONE CAN I NOT SIGN INTO THE OTHERS AND MORE SO THE ONES I AM WANTING TO.

ANY HELP WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED AS WOULD NEW COLLEAGUES

THANK YOU

JOHNTY

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

it will be even more helpful if you specify what it is you are trying to log into

by "putting into practice" I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume since you posted in the VRC forum you are trying to log on to the controller client to practice, correct?

there is more to it then just downloading and installing the client. if you want to do ATC on VATSIM you have to join the area you want to control at and you will be given training. its not just download and youll start controlling right away, this isn't that type of network. youll have to be trained

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Johnty,

First, please drop the all-caps thing. It's annoying as hell and won't win you many friends in this fine community. And worse, it may get you ignored.

Next, welcome to VATSIM. It's a great hobby supported by a great community.

Now, in terms of your issue. Perhaps you didn't read the part when you joined that explained that it can take up to 24 hours for your information to be populated to all the servers. This is quite a serious network, with many servers that are interconnected. They share data amongst each other through a series of server synchronizations that occur during the day. So, yes, it's quite possible that you can join VATSIM and have forum access, but not yet have access to all the servers. That will improve greatly over the course of 24 hours. And then, what Ernesto said.

Again, welcome.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted
Johnty,

First, please drop the all-caps thing. It's annoying as hell and won't win you many friends in this fine community. And worse, it may get you ignored.

I guess that Johnty may be using a speech to text unit of some sort due to a possible issue. He "may" not be able to drop the caps thing. I could be wrong also, but either way I don't think ignoring people is helpful.

Johnty if you are unable to drop the caps thing, please don't feel that you cannot participate here at VATSIM. Most will support you in your dreams.

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

im [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming its for eye sight myself

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Didn't think of that, and [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming that's the case, I apologize. I've just seen too many folks run all caps because they are "screaming." My bad for not considering the alternative.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

John Stoddart 1293705
Posted
Posted

MAY I SAY WITHOUT BEEN RUDE THAT THE CAPS ARE FOR MY BENIFIT IF I DO NOT GET FRIENDS FOR THAT REASON SO BE IT, IT JUST MEANS THAT THOSE PEOPLE EITHER DO NOT READ OR TAKE OTHER PEOPLES PROBLEMS INTO ACCOUNT AS I DID PUT IT IN MY POST . AS FOR WAITING MORE THAN A WEEK WELL I DIDN'T MENTION IT BUT I HAVE BEEN WAITING INCLUDING MY INITAIL APPLICIATION WHICH WAS FOR UK I WOULD SAY ABOUT WELL A MONTH MAYBE ADAY OR TWO LONGER BUT AS I KNOW MOST OF THE UK I THOUGHT IT MAY BRIGHTEN MY OUTLOOK AND SHOW /TEACH ME ABOUT NEW PLACES THAT I AM UNLIKELY TO SEE OR FIND OUT ABOUT DUE TO HEALTH PROBS. AS FOR WHAT I AM TRYING TO CONNECT FOR WELL I HAVEN'T GOT SA CALL SIGN THAT IS THE ONE OF THE MINOR I AM EXPERIENCED IN LIFE TO REALISE THAT YOU DO NOT GET ANYTHING WITHOUT SOME WORK BUT IN MY CASE APART FROM THIS FORUM I CANNOT OR UNABLE TO AND ALL I CAN DO IS KEEP TRYING TO ASK WHICH GIVES ME A TICKET AND NOTHING HAPPENS AFTER THAT AS UK WERE VERY7 SWIFT WITH ME

Johnty,

Next, welcome to VATSIM. It's a great hobby supported by a great community.

Now, in terms of your issue. Perhaps you didn't read the part when you joined that explained that it can take up to 24 hours for your information to be populated to all the servers. This is quite a serious network, with many servers that are interconnected. They share data amongst each other through a series of server synchronizations that occur during the day. So, yes, it's quite possible that you can join VATSIM and have forum access, but not yet have access to all the servers. That will improve greatly over the course of 24 hours. And then, what Ernesto said.

Again, welcome.

John Stoddart 1293705
Posted
Posted

WHY ARE SO MANY PEOPLE SO INFURIATED BY MYSELF USING CAPS WHICH IS A MEDICAL MATTER I WOULD HAVE USED SPEECH/TEXT, BUT DUE TO MY HEALTH I WOULD HAVE TO HAVE MORE THAN ONE PROFILE AS MY VOICE IS SO COMPLEXED TO MEDICAL OPS MAYBE SOME PEOPLE THAT ARE COMPLAINING MY CAPS AFTER I HAD SAID IT WAS FOR MY BENIFIT SHOULD THINK WOULD THEY ADMIT TO PEOPLE THAT THWEY DO NOT KNOW AS WELL AS CLOSE FRIENDS THAT THEY LOST ALOT OF EYE SIGHT DUE TO STROKES ANDF HAVE FOUGHT TO BE ABLE TO DO DIPLOMA COURSES PLEASE IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE KNIT PICKING LOOK AT YOU SPELLING WHICH I HAVE NOTICE WHEN I WAS BRIEFLY GOING THROUGH SOME OF THE POSTS YESTERDAY. THE REASON WHY YOU HAVE PREVIEW IS SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE AND TO SEE ANY SPELLING MISTAKES I KNOW SOME COUNTRIES HAVE DIFFERENT SPELLING BUT ENGLISH IS ENGLISH

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

Hey Johnty,

Forgive me if I don't hit the nail on the head with this response. I will offer some information in the hope that I capture the issue you are experiencing.

VATSIM is a collective, but at the same time made up of a variety of sub cultures etc. So whilst members signup and belong to VATSIM, they also nominate a Region to belong to. For pilots the region you belong too doesn't have a huge impact, because as a pilot you are free to fly anywhere in the world you wish to (within the normal rules of the local area). When it comes to ATC, the region you belong to has a significantly bigger impact. They are the ones that provide training, sector files, support etc.

Being a diverse group, it can take sometime for a response. Not just because of the geographic area, but because of time zones, local culture etc.

IF at any stage you don't get at least a response saying "Email received, we hope to reply within XX" then I'd resend it weekly.

I hope to dear god that your attempt at contact has not be ignored due to the format of the message. Whilst not everyone, the majority have the ability to see past a message format and read the content.

Considering you have access to this forum, and your apparent desire to join the VAT-UK region, perhaps a post in the UK Sub forum may get a response. Here is a link to the UK Sub forum on this VATSIM forum UK

You may also find a contact on the actual VAT-UK website here VAT-UK

You need to join up with their forum etc with whatever Region you choose.

If I have missed the issue, I apologise.

Maybe post with the Region that you need to contact, and we could direct them to you.

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png