You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Saitek Yoke and Throttle

Tim Weitzel 1080375

Tim Weitzel 1080375
Posted
Posted

All,

I am trying to set up a few components from Saitek, and am having problems with the throttle quadrant that came with my flight yoke.

When the levers are set to 0%, the levers in the cockpit are set to 50%. Moving the levers a slight bit brings the cockpit levers to 100%. There is no range, and no setting below 50%. I have tried a number of fixes from various forums to include:

Re-calibrating in Game Controllers

Setting FSX axes to 100% sensitivity and 0 Null

Deleting folders from registry

Using shift+ctrl when restarting FSX

Editing config files

I called Saitek "support" only to have them tell me that the hardware is working and there's nothing they can do. I agree with them, but would hope for a little better service.

I am at my wits end with this. I have been working this issue for three days with no success. Does anybody out there have any recommendations on a fix?

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

How did support determine the hardware was working correctly? Have you verified the hardware is able to report position values across the full range outside of FSX (i.e. via the Control Panel)?

Tim Weitzel 1080375
Posted
Posted

In the "Game Controllers" portion of the Control Panel, I am able to see full range of motion for all controllers attached, including the throttle quadrant. This is how Saitek determined the hardware is working properly.

Ivan Kovacevic 920456
Posted
Posted

Do you have FSUIPC installed and is the throttle axis calibration active in there?

Tim Weitzel 1080375
Posted
Posted

I have a registered version of FSUIPC which I just purchased today in an attempt to fix this. I am trying to figure it out with the hopes all will be resolved. If anyone has any suggestions on setting FSUIPC up correctly, please let me know.

Deon Mathews
Posted
Posted

Hello Tim,

I suggest that you start by going to your controller settings in FSX and delete all joystick controller and button [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignments. Then only configure the controllers in FSUIPC. Ailerons, elevators, rudder and brakes in FSUIPC and the other functions ie: flaps, landing gear etc. in FSX control panel.

Hope this helps. It works perfectly for me.

Deon Mathews

VATSIM Marketing & Communications Team