You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Maps not loading

Justin A. Martin

Justin A. Martin
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,

So I've been having a problem with being unable to load certain maps in vSTARS unless other unrelated maps are selected. At other times, one map being open will show what it's supposed to, but when I open a totally unrelated map items from the first map disappear. Any thoughts?

JM

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I think I've seen this before from a user or beta tester ... it ended up being a bug in the OpenGL implmentation in their video card driver. I believe a video driver upgrade fixed it.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Justin A. Martin
Posted
Posted
I think I've seen this before from a user or beta tester ... it ended up being a bug in the OpenGL implmentation in their video card driver. I believe a video driver upgrade fixed it.

I was having another issue with VRC, VAT-Spy, and vSTARS where random lines were appearing and jumping around. I updated my video card drivers because of that, and it fixed the issue; however, this map issue still exists. Any other thoughts, or would you say it's definitely a graphic card issue?

JM

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

No other thoughts ... graphics driver issue is the only thing I can think of.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Justin A. Martin
Posted
Posted

Thanks, Ross... I'll keep looking into the graphics card to try and pinpoint the issue. I'll post if I come across a solution.

JM