You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Voice channel fluctuating

Dominik Samuelis

Dominik Samuelis
Posted
Posted

Since a few days, my vpilot client is losing connection to the voice channel of a couple of stations. After few seconds, the channel comes back. This happens between once every ten minutes and once every 2-3 minutes - can be very distracting during approach...

This is what the debug log shows for such an event:

[20:35:17.276] Requesting controller info: EDGG_CTR

[20:35:17.451] Voice URL received: EDGG_CTR voice1.vacc-sag.org/edgg_ctr

[20:35:17.675] Controller info received: EDGG_CTR

[20:35:27.275] Requesting controller info: EDGG_CTR

[20:35:27.540] Voice URL received: EDGG_CTR voice1.vacc-sag.org/edgg_ctr

[20:35:27.540] Controller info received: EDGG_CTR

[20:35:37.289] Requesting controller info: EDGG_CTR

[20:35:37.580] Controller info received: EDGG_CTR

[20:35:37.581] Leaving voice channel for COM1

[20:35:37.582] Voice URL received: EDGG_CTR voice1.vacc-sag.org/edgg_ctr

[20:35:47.290] Requesting controller info: EDGG_CTR

[20:35:47.649] Voice URL received: EDGG_CTR voice1.vacc-sag.org/edgg_ctr

[20:35:47.650] Controller info received: EDGG_CTR

[20:35:47.650] Creating voice channel for COM1: voice1.vacc-sag.org/edgg_ctr

[20:35:47.651] Joining voice channel for COM1: voice1.vacc-sag.org/edgg_ctr - TX: True

[20:35:57.305] Requesting controller info: EDGG_CTR

[20:35:57.618] Voice URL received: EDGG_CTR voice1.vacc-sag.org/edgg_ctr

vPilot version 1.0.5260.20091, running on Windows 7 Pro 64bit with admin priviliges.

Any idea what the reason could be? Looks a bit like a race condition to me... if after requesting controller info, voice URL is received before controller info, everything is fine, but for the inverse case, voice channel is left?

EDIT: unfortunately, I cannot log into the vpilot forum on the metacraft site, because for some reason I'm not receiving the registration email. The behavior that I'm observing might be related to that one in thread http://www1.metacraft.com/VRC/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3311

Cheers,

Dominik

Eric Kollat 1250947
Posted
Posted

I'm flying currently (as I write this post) and I just had the same issue. It seems like this happens more often when I'm in a highly populated area such as the middle of Europe rather than on a frequency with no one on it. My best guess for this issue would be your internet connection - depending on what you have running in the background. I'm not a huge expert of vPilot, if Ross sees this then he can probably confirm.

Dominik Samuelis
Posted
Posted

No, internet connection is perfectly stable. I've had this behavior both on sp[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ly and densely populated ATC frequencies, mostly in Europe, but I share your observation that more dropouts happen on busier ATC channels.

Discussion has been continued on http://www1.metacraft.com/VRC/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3311 and conclusion was that the controller client/server is sending two pieces of information out of order, which makes vpilot believe that the voice channel has been switched off by the controller.

• 2 weeks later...